Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Yes. You have to remove the front yellow quarter panel on both sides and the glove box. That is where you have to drill a hole in the frame to mount the bracket that has the door latch pin on it. They are very rigid. The front yellow quarter panels don't come off too bad. There rear quarter panels come off and are replaced with aluminum ones and you have to make the black plastic fit again with the aluminum pieces.. That is the worst part about the job... I bet I had the drivers door off and on about 50 times without exagerating...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean about replace black plastic with aluminum and trim...... Sure wish you'd taken video or more pics of the install so I could see what's ahead of me some day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Can Am's quality control is a big issue. Every machine is a little different from what I've heard. I talked to blingstar about it.. Guess it depends on if your machine was made on Monday or Friday!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I wish I would have to.. The passenger side will bolt on a lot easier than the driver side. The drive side the door hing loop that connects where the old c shaped pipe is has to be modded. It will not just bolt on and fit. It has to be drilled out on the inside with like a 1" and a 3/4" drill bit little by little until you can get the door to fit rite. Right behind the door there used to be a yellow plastic quarter panel and the black piece that is at the top.. The black piece has to be cut and trimmed until it fits and the yellow piece is replace with an aluminum quarter panel.. Pain in the ass!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bringing this back up as it has given me something to really think about.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts