Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm still going to hold you to that measurement. Hopefully someone else can get the numbers on the standard Maverick Blingstar door too and if I have to I'll run by UTV Inc and have them give me their inside width.
58 1/4 on my Blingstar Maverick doors. These are the doors that are made for the Maverick not the Commander doors.

I have to say those Commander doors look 100 % better than my Maverick doors. Only issue I would have is how far do they stick out of the machine? I rub on trees quite a bit now.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Thanks for the measurement. I guess the overall width could be an issue, I wouldn't want to rub against a big ol cactus out here. They tend to leave souvenirs on everything. Can't wait to see the difference in door width between Maverick and Commander.

Reactions: Dirt Racer 15

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
58 1/4 on my Blingstar Maverick doors. These are the doors that are made for the Maverick not the Commander doors.

I have to say those Commander doors look 100 % better than my Maverick doors. Only issue I would have is how far do they stick out of the machine? I rub on trees quite a bit now.
I've been running my commander doors on my Maverick for over a year now & haven't rubbed on anything. We rock crawl, ride trails in the mountains & hit the dunes with no issues, ride basically everything but mud pits. They tapper the bow of the door to the top, so the widest part is at dash level while its stock width down low. Unless your trying to squeeze between trees that are the narrower than the width of the tires on your machine you'll have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the measurement. I guess the overall width could be an issue, I wouldn't want to rub against a big ol cactus out here. They tend to leave souvenirs on everything. Can't wait to see the difference in door width between Maverick and Commander.
Dirtymax posted inside and outside measurement. Mine are 58 1/4 inside width. Doesn't sound like his are overly wide.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been running my commander doors on my Maverick for over a year now & haven't rubbed on anything. We rock crawl, ride trails in the mountains & hit the dunes with no issues, ride basically everything but mud pits. They tapper the bow of the door to the top, so the widest part is at dash level while its stock width down low. Unless your trying to squeeze between trees that are the narrower than the width of the tires on your machine you'll have nothing to worry about.
We have a lot of off camber turns with a tree right in the middle of the turn. It tends to put the center of the cab right on the tree. Typically the roof hits first! Haven't had the machine out with the doors yet so I will be testing soon. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
So if my math is right we've got a difference of 2 1/2" inside to inside which leaves an extra 1 1/4" extra elbow room on each side. Doesn't sound like much but from my experience driving my Teryx with doors that's a lot of extra room when you're driving hard. Now I just need to find out what the inside width is on the UTV Inc doors. Thanks for the help guys.

Reactions: Dirt Racer 15

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not a huge difference in width.. Definitely the best way to go IMO. If you can install them or are going to have someone that can..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I def like the looks of the commander doors better. That gap in the front of mine sucks. I may try to fab up a piece for that area. Im already working on a small piece for the opening that is where your shoulder is.

·
Registered
556 Posts
has anyone contacted blingstar to see if they have any plans to make the maverick doors more like the commander doors w/o the gap ?
I agree, the commander doors look much better.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
How hard is it getting the seats in and out now with the doors installed?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I don't think Blingstar has very much interest in the Maverick. You see how little effort they put in the doors designed for the mav. It's too bad because they could use the same commander door and latch brackets, they would have to just redesign the door hinge mounting bracket to the roll cage. It would be a very simple change to manuacture.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I ran another thread to get the inside measurement on the UTV Inc doors and it came in at 56-5/8". That's a huge difference of about 4" from the Commander doors so I'd say there's no way I would get those. And since the Commander doors look way better than the Blingstar Maverick doors I think I'll have to go with the Commander doors when I get around to buying a set. I guess it's a lot more work to install but the payoff is worth it because they look great.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.