Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I noticed. I wanted those. Mine are blingstar as well. Came in blingstar box, with their hardware, warranty,etc. I like yours better. I got screwed! That's what I get for ordering online. Picture was not the same as what showed up to my house! I figure mounting and hardware is all the same. Yours just contoured in the front, and your insert has the cut out in it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You got the right doors... Just don't look like they were even made for the maverick... Kinda shitty on blingstars part...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
I see now. Nice. Guess I could have gone that route, had I known!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Guarantee you wouldn't have done 1 side in 3 hours though and had it turn out good!!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yours don't fit the contour like these, aren't as tall as these, don't bow like these, and don't compare to these... Just saying...

Do the Commander doors really bow out further than the Maverick doors? Extra elbow room would be worth a lot of extra work to install them for me.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
There is alot more room with the Commander doors than the Maverick doors. Install took me a day but I have pretty much all the necessary fab tools needed. This install isn't for the average guy. Takes alot of patience & installing/modifying/reinstalling several times to get the doors to fit right. But I agree, these are the best doors IMO.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
very nice install dmax, such a great feeling when your looking to do something a certain way and turns out just the way it should.

·
Registered
81 Posts
do you have to take off the front fenders to install these?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea, they look much better than the ones supposedly made for the Maverick....

Reactions: chevycraig

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Yes. You have to remove the front yellow quarter panel on both sides and the glove box. That is where you have to drill a hole in the frame to mount the bracket that has the door latch pin on it. They are very rigid. The front yellow quarter panels don't come off too bad. There rear quarter panels come off and are replaced with aluminum ones and you have to make the black plastic fit again with the aluminum pieces.. That is the worst part about the job... I bet I had the drivers door off and on about 50 times without exagerating...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thank you dirty max. I was getting worried because I have so many wires running through my cage ( 4 speakers and light bar) I was starting to think that doors were not an option. But now I think that there are possible not having to take off the fenders.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Those door look awesome! Extra room and perfect fit are worth it, imho.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I will measure inside width between doors tomorrow and post

I'm still going to hold you to that measurement. Hopefully someone else can get the numbers on the standard Maverick Blingstar door too and if I have to I'll run by UTV Inc and have them give me their inside width.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Sorry! I will measure in the a.m.! I forgot all about it! I will measure inside to inside at the straight part of the bow. Right where it counts! Talk to you guys in the morning!

41 - 60 of 93 Posts