Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
They fit the countour on the front of the door rather than having a 4" gap, they are taller, longer/wider opening.... Totally different door.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ok good answer.
Hey NH-Murphy can you post a pic or two of your doors installed?

I would rather by riding then posting

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just don't like how they made the front of the door with the gap towards the bottom where the countour is with the plastic. I know it will be a lot more work but when all said and done it will look a lot better I hope!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'll take some after work for ya

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Here's my Mav w/the Commander doors. Install wasn't too bad just time consuming.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Land vehicle Tire Motor vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire
I should write up a install thread for these because I get asked all the time. Bare with me, I installed these about a year ago so I will probably leave out a lot of details. I would install the passenger door first, it is the easiest. You will have to remove the rear quarter plastic behind the doors, seat & the glove box. I just removed most of the mounting hardware for the front fender plastic so I could pull it back enough to drill a hole for the latch pin bracket mounting bolt. Install the door & rear aluminum panel section. You will have to relocate the latch pin. Position door & find the ideal spot for the latch pin. Drill & retap threads for the new latch pin position. The rear quarter plastic has plastic tabs & are held on by clips, you will have to cut slots in the aluminum panel byhind the door for the plastic tabs to slide through so the clips can be installed. The front of the plastic will have to be cut in order for the door to swing open all the way, I just put a piece of masking tape where I needed to cut the plastic so it wouldn't get scratched when cutting. I believe I had to also do a little trimming aroung the rear roll bar area to for the plastic to fit right.
The drivers side was a lot more labor intensive. Basically the same proceedure as the passenger side, but you will find that the door is going to hit the dash if you just mount it. On the rear upper hoop of the door mount, you will need to drill out the plate inside the tube & slot the upper mounting bolt hole so the door assm an be moved back about an inch or two. I think I had to notch the tube where it hits the roll bar as well to get the door so it will close all the way. You will need a die grinder w/a aluminum buring bit. Once you get the door aligned then you will have to find where to remount your latch pin. Trim your plastic, etc to fit. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
That looks great. Wonder why they didn't make the Maverick doors fit the contour of the opening like they did with the commander.
What tires are those (size too). Look great

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Thanks, Tires in top pic are 30"x14" Mongrels on STI slik-kote wheels.

I pulled these doors off of my old Commander before I traded it in. I picked up one of the first Mavericks my dealer received and at that time the only door available was the low cut factory pro armor doors. I didn't care for those & really liked my Blingstar doors so I found a way to put them on the Maverick. Not sure why Blingstar didn't put in the extra effort in designing the new Mav doors, I think they just rushed to get them out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Finally got them done! A huge PITA but turned out awesome and rock solid! Wouldn't recommend doing it if your not pretty good at fabbing and customizing... But they will work!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks! Literally had 16 hours into doing them... You could do it faster but to do it right and make everything fit perfect it is super time consuming and a pain in the a$$! Bet I could do it in 12 now though!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
man, thats a lot of work for a set of doors...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yeah I know.. But the finish product is better than anything else you can buy.... Worth it to me!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Did you take a nap, lunch, and dinner break? I did mine in 3 hrs. Removed all plastics, bolted up, aligned, and done.

·
Registered
227 Posts
They look good though. Good job on install.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My doors. Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Off-roading

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yours don't fit the contour like these, aren't as tall as these, don't bow like these, and don't compare to these... Just saying...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Take that back... They are as tall. But I HATE how there's a big gap in the front of the door...

21 - 40 of 93 Posts