Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I used the search function first....and saw nothing. Anyway, about ready to try and put my doors on with it stripped down and I pulled out the instructions...and was not terribly impressed. I am a visual person, and reading the instructions didn't shed too much light on it. Figuring there has to be a video I searched youtube....nope. Did anyone do a write-up with pictures and or a video by chance? I could sure use a hand so I don't mess anything up, thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
here u go he has 6 videos

its a commander but u get the point !

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Benzo. Is the Commander frame the same as the Maverick? Should be no surprises?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the commander doors fit the maverick also ,

·
Registered
527 Posts
Deff let us know!! I'm looking into doors if I keep my mav, Really like the look of Blingstars!! Take a few pics if you can. Thanks

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I just started my install today and its a huge pain in the ass. Just getting the quarter panel off will have you cussing. Ive been at it for a couple of hours and I got nuts and bolts laying everywhere. I'll be back at it tomorrow

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will do a video and pictures on my commander limited install that I'm picking up the end of April. This will be my 3rd and hopefully last set to install for a while. In the mean time for all of you working on their installs before then I'll give you a tip that will save you a lot of tool throwing and cuss'in before you try and reinstall the glove box it needs a piece trimmed out of it before it will fit right !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Just got done installing my passenger side door. What a PIA it was!!! Im not looking forward to the driver side even though it should be easier. I think I may have removed a couple of things I didn't need to doing the passenger side

·
Registered
274 Posts
So what makes the install a PITA.. IS it the amount of stuff that has to be removed?

What are some of the hardest things?

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Is that the shorter door version? I think so and think it looks great.
Not really sure I just ordered the Blingstar doors "for the Maverick". I think the ones for the Commander are the taller ones.

So what makes the install a PITA.. IS it the amount of stuff that has to be removed?

What are some of the hardest things?
Yes. There are a tone of screws, nuts and bolts that have to be removed and it seems like they're all a different length. I have them scattered everywhere. I'm glad I got a service manual so maybe I can figure out which ones go where. Once the necessary body parts are removed then the door itself is pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
538 Posts
getting the lower front plastic off is definitely a bitch, just follow the directions and take your time,it is worth it when you are done. they are very nice doors for the price and have really good latches.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Dam you CanAm, Some people like to work on their own shit!! You'd think the service guys at the dealers would hate this as well. Maybe that's why it cost so much to have a dealer to do a simple repair, half the money goes to removing plastics to get to what they are working on,, lol Doors look sweet btw, it will be worth it when your done! Deff looks like a job for a rainy weekend and case of beer!!

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Good thing is while I got all the plastics out of the inside I may as we'll go ahead and do the 10hr service. I'm two hours premature but no big deal. It's supposed to rain here on Saturday so I'm gonna knock it all out

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
What piece from the glove box needs to be trimmed? I cant get the damn thing back in

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's not that bad. I got mine installed as well as my 4 point harnesses in about 3 hours. Just take your time and make sure you dry fit everything up before you drill the holes in your frame. Taking the body off of the machine is just an exercise in hunting for hardware, and you can't be afraid go use a little muscle to bend the plastic a bit to get it out and re installed. Taking out the glove box is not necessary, but it makes the passenger side door go on a lot easier, and it's easier on the hands. I really didn't think it was too bad of a job.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts