Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can not figure out how to install these doors! Instructions are pretty bad and the pictures in them don't even seem to be relevant to the vehicle. Beginning to think I may have even got the wrong doors. Instructions say part # utv4001. Anyone have a video or pictures to help guide me on this? I searched but didn't find much.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Can not figure out how to install these doors! Instructions are pretty bad and the pictures in them don't even seem to be relevant to the vehicle. Beginning to think I may have even got the wrong doors. Instructions say part # utv4001. Anyone have a video or pictures to help guide me on this? I searched but didn't find much.
I just installed some on mine and they are a pain. Driver side not to bad but passenger side is the pain!! Instructions I had suck and didn't have any pics on mine.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
just remove side bars and nets, bolt door to the flange the bar was bolted to , then remove the front 1/4 panels and drill a hole and mount the hinge bar ,

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
yes those r the commander doors u can make them fit the mav and there cool cuz they bow out further and give u more room , but need a lil work to fit,

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
trimming and removing the rear lower 1/4 plastic to

·
Registered
41 Posts
Getting ready to install mine as well. Any pics or instructions would be great! Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
87 Posts
just remove side bars and nets, bolt door to the flange the bar was bolted to , then remove the front 1/4 panels and drill a hole and mount the hinge bar ,
Exactly how I did mine. Screwed around for an hour before drilling the hole and after that it went quick!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just ordered mine and going to install this weekend. What part do u drill and do u drill both sides? did u guys take out the glove box? I know that I got to take off the front 1/4 panels on each side, do I have to take anything off where the back off the door connects. Anything will be appreciated.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i would definitely take out the glove box ,i didn't and it made it very difficult.you drill the holes behind the front plastic panels in the frame to bolt the door jambs to,the directions will tell you where.if you don't already have them off,take off your nets and side bars now to save a little time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes definitely remove the glove box. It's easy, just watch the rubber grommets when putting it back in.

Take your time aligning. Mine never aligned perfect, but are good enough to close.

·
Registered
38 Posts
k Thanks I will put the mav in the garage and start taking it apart. The doors should be in tomorrow. I got mudflares someone here on the forum and a nice brp storage box to go on the back with a third light on it and a front diff cover with a vinyl graphic. just got to find a roof and nice stereo now. ill be on here if I have problems they say it is easy install but some say not.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Mav doors you want are 4006.

I think the ones I got that were wrong were the 4001's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts