Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went the cheap rout on my turbo set up je low comp Pistons and silber turbo kit I paid 1000 for. Well it last about 100 miles not sure what happen but lost compression and it sounded like the Pistons were partying in the cylinders. Now my question is who should I ship it to? I'm from Portland. Strictly ride dunes. Wanting a full build new turbo set up motor built and clutching done. Was in talks with mrrpm but shipping across country isn't easy.

·
Administrator
3,719 Posts
Give Ryan a call at Devious Powersports. While everyone thinks they just sell UTV goodies, I know better. That shop has done work with twins and turbos. If he declines, ask for a reference.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I went the cheap rout on my turbo set up je low comp Pistons and silber turbo kit I paid 1000 for. Well it last about 100 miles not sure what happen but lost compression and it sounded like the Pistons were partying in the cylinders. Now my question is who should I ship it to? I'm from Portland. Strictly ride dunes. Wanting a full build new turbo set up motor built and clutching done. Was in talks with mrrpm but shipping across country isn't easy.
That's a real bummer! Sorry you had that misfortune. Good luck with the repairs, and let us know the outcome.

My takeaway from this? ...I'm thinking the factory equipped turbo is looking better all the time!

·
Vendor
73 Posts
Ecook04, we would be happy to help you here at nFLOW Remanufactured Engines. We offer free shipping both ways in the lower 48 so location isn't an issue. All you have to do is strap your engine to a pallet and we arrange all shipping logistics. We would like to speak with you about the turbo set up you are wanting. Please give us a call at 812-402-8282 and ask for Chris.

To find out more about nFLOW's Remanufactured ATV/UTV Engines, please visit www.nflowmotorsports.com and like us on FB at www.facebook.com/pages/NFLOW/237263726448384

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think if you purchase a decently built kit and take it to someone who knows how to tune it wouldn't be an issue having a turbo car. But I am new to it and installed kit myself had Pistons put in by local shop had them tune it but it wasn't running quite right so I started pushing buttons until it started running good not thing I know I'm sitting in the middle of spinreel at midnight haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was hoping to take the whole car somewhere have it completey re done from clutches to motor to turbo kit. Not just motor rebuilt

·
Administrator
3,719 Posts
I think if you purchase a decently built kit and take it to someone who knows how to tune it wouldn't be an issue having a turbo car. But I am new to it and installed kit myself had Pistons put in by local shop had them tune it but it wasn't running quite right so I started pushing buttons until it started running good not thing I know I'm sitting in the middle of spinreel at midnight haha.
We live in Florence. PM me if you need anything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We can do it, no problem, but getting it here, is the first hurdle.
So far cheapest shipping I got quoted was 1800 one way! I would be happy sending it to you but that's almost the price of clutches just to get it to you.

·
Vendor
73 Posts

Yes, you will want to get the unit dyno tuned and make sure everything is correct so you do not end up with the same issue. www.nflowmotorsports.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts