Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up at Silver Lake sand dunes and I blew a belt......Still had one more day of riding. I had just under 10 hours on the thing. A couple of weeks ago I staged it during a drag race against a 450 Trx quad and the belt started smoking and the engine light came on. The machine even told me to check the belt. So its probably my fault. Still pisses me off. I have an extended warranty so hopefully BRP will replace it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The warranty's do not cover belt wear or breakage. In the future, anytime you smoke a belt you should change it before your next ride. I typically will put a new belt on at the beginning of every riding season, to reduce the chances of breaking one while in the dunes. Its no guarantee but it certainly reduces the chances.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Good luck with that..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You staged a CVT system, really. What did you expect to happen! Sorry but you own that one!
Um I barely staged it and snowmobiles have the same system and you can stage them a little. Hell I had a 170hp Thunder cat I could do it to. But I know the Maverick is heavier and probably more resistance with tires. I need a clutch kit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They warranted the belt. No I have an extra belt. No more stagging.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts