Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a solution for playing music on the trails. I an looking for something that can Bluetooth control or stream the music from the backseat so my kids can control while I driver.

I looked at the factory system but I don't need a radio or weather channels and I don't want to losses that handy little chubby above the switches. I do like the way the speakers Mount.

I saw there are sound bar units. That might be my best option but it would be handy if you could control it from a Bluetooth device with all the bouncing and speed.

It seems there are a lot of solutions out there. It seems I discover a new one every day. So far I saw SSV Works, wet sounds and one that is built into the roof.

I thought I would ask everyone what they found for a solution and or recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Muddy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You don't using an iPod that is Bluetooth capable?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is but I'm trying to find the solution of what to install in the maverick to connect it to.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You mean the speakers?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If youre looking for overhead rear speakers, Dunertunes.com has the best looking rear pods by far. They look more factory than the Can am ones.

2013-08-27 22_27_13-DUNERTUNES 2011-2012 CAN-AM COMMANDER REAR OVERHEAD iPOD_MP3 SYSTEM.jpg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I'll check that out.

Maybe I'm showing my age but I assume there would be some electronic s between the iPod and the speakers. I am looking for a clean set up that looks factory without all the unnecessary radio components that I will never use. I suppose I could just cable tie a jawbone jambox to the maverick. Somebody else must have figure this out already.

I'm gonna go check the dunestunes.com now

Thanks again.

·
Registered
964 Posts
You will need an amp. Rockford fosgate makes some nice small amps. You will also need an iPod interface that hooks to the amp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which system did you get with the overhead speakers? The 3 speaker system looked pretty good. IPod is wired in, probably in the glovebox. I'm thinking I could extend that wire to reach the backseat so the real audiophiles can controls the music

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I am actually going to buy the Kicker 40pxi50.2. This is a new model that has a new Bluetooth feature. Kicker has had the pxi50.2 without Bluetooth out for a while. The integrated amp is not very powerful but it does have a preamp output so you can add another amp if you wish. The control is small yet has large buttons. I really do not like the stereos that have tiny buttons.

2013-08-28 00_30_29-Kicker 40PXIBT50.jpg

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I like the SSV Works front speaker pods also. Those pods coupled with the dunertune rear pods would make a nice factory look.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See you guys all have great suggestions. There are several to check out. I wouldn't find them on my own. Keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks

Muddy

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The Bluetooth description says to connect to a receiver. You sure this works connected directly to an amp?

·
Registered
274 Posts
The Bluetooth description says to connect to a receiver. You sure this works connected directly to an amp?
I have my iPhone 4s connected to a Fosgate 2ch Amp Via a Headphone cable. I will be buying this here soon to replace the cable.

Manual: http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/822/822BTREC.PDF

(Note: I had a Pyle 4ch Marine amp originally and the audio was quiet. Swapped out the amp for a real one and it all works great. Yes I turned up the Gain.)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ok so you actually still need to see that the Bluetooth gadget will work direct with your amp and your iPhone 4S?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I checked with Dunertunes.com and the speakers that MiMav posted a picture of is for the Commander and Doesn't fit in the Mav.

I will keep looking.

So Far I like the Kicker Ipod controler, now just need to find some nice speakers. I could always go factory but I am just not sure how good those would sound.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok so you actually still need to see that the Bluetooth gadget will work direct with your amp and your iPhone 4S?
That is correct, It is on my list to purchase. I "think" it should do the trick though. If you Google MIL BTREC you will see other posts and reviews where people used it in the same fashion.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I checked with Dunertunes.com and the speakers that MiMav posted a picture of is for the Commander and Doesn't fit in the Mav.

I will keep looking.

So Far I like the Kicker Ipod controler, now just need to find some nice speakers. I could always go factory but I am just not sure how good those would sound.
I don't believe that is true. The cage is the same but regardless I bought those rear speakers and they do fit my Maverick. The best fit and look I have seen by far.

Call Dunertunes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts