Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for, Just wondering what people think of the Blackwater Evo's. I'm looking to replace the stock 27in Bighorns with a taller tire for highspeed performance. Reason is, I have a set of 30in Zillas on 14in rims which I use for general cruising or when I'm tagging along with the mud crowd, but I was out with some guys the other day, in the snow in mud they were great but boy do they suck at fast corners and straights. I plan to reclutch for a 30in, I was hoping to get a set of 29in Blackwaters, but it would appear they don't exist so it looks like I'll be going 30s. So yeah, how do you like them, are they good at speed? Will they be ok with my stock 12in beadlocks or should I get a 14in?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I had a set of the blackwaters on my old rzr xp900, burned them off and they were worn down by 100 miles, so on a maverick they will be gone quicker!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should add, any other suggestions would be great. A 29 would be ideal but a 30 could work too. I'm going to clutch for one size group as I plan to alternate depending on the group. Basically I want a bighorn style in a 29-30 with good highspeed performance and reasonable mud performance. We have a lot of hard pack, sand, mud and muskeg in these parts. Majority of the muskeg can be avoided, but we also have lots of highspeed trails with whoops and obstacles. When I was chasing with my zillas last weekend I was crying for better braking and cornering haha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
I Like the rocktains in 30", and clutching you wont need in my opinion for that size

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep, im running 32" terminators on stock clutching

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love my Evo's I just got back a couple weeks ago from WV and have 130 miles on them. I know I'm repeating myself from other post, but a little less side bite then the Bighorns. But that is due to a stiffer sidewall (8 ply to a 6 ply) Excellent forward bite, better then the Bighorns. I found 8 psi works the best, and overall I'm very pleased with the Evo's. I did notice a little wear on the new edges but not bad. I'm running the 28x10x14 on the rear and the 28x9x14 on the front. with 14x7 Beadlocks.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I like Mongrels myself. Also a 8 ply. Great all around tire, and extremely tough to punctures. Me and all my buddies run them.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
Your going to need to reclutch for 30s just because it works doesn't mean it's optimal. I have 28s was on the fence with 30s roctanes or blackwaters would be a great choice

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just be aware that they are heavy I had a set in 27" I'm going to stick with the 2.0's from now on

·
Registered
446 Posts
28x10x12 weighs right at 31lbs compared to bighorn 2.0's 27x11x12 weigh 28lbs so 28's are not much heavier than bighorn 2.0's

·
Registered
252 Posts
You'd be surprised the difference you can feel from 3lbs per wheel

·
Registered
461 Posts
Love my 28x10x12's all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrFausto

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am trying to get information on Mongrel tires, but you are the first one I have found that mentions them. Could you tell me more about them?

Thanks - Jerry

·
Registered
707 Posts
I am trying to get information on Mongrel tires, but you are the first one I have found that mentions them. Could you tell me more about them?

Thanks - Jerry
8 ply tire, great in all terrain. Great sidewall. Bites hard and does exactly what you need it to. Probably best all around tires on the market!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
I love mine , cant tell any more wear than the bighorns but i know normally i cant go 30min without pluging other tires and with a couple hundred miles on these. NO plugs Mine are 27 in

·
Registered
649 Posts

Thanks - Jerry
Best tire Ive ever had...Love them... Ran them all winter in snow and mud on Commander.... Yes I had to use 4wd some but not much...They are bad ass

1 - 19 of 19 Posts