Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to see if anybody had an advice on my problem. my x3 has a little over a 1000 miles on it. It is a 64 inch and i put 14 inch 32 inch all terrain tires from tusk on a couple of months ago. I took it on vacation down to Mexico and played in the sand and ended up smelling my belt a couple of times and replaced the belt because the original had about an 6 inch wear spot on the side of the belt. The belt would slip when taking off and jerk a lot unless i got on it when taking off. Are my tires too big? Do I need to do some clutch work or more horsepower? I have read other people not having these problems just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it. Thanks.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I wanted to see if anybody had an advice on my problem. my x3 has a little over a 1000 miles on it. It is a 64 inch and i put 14 inch 32 inch all terrain tires from tusk on a couple of months ago. I took it on vacation down to Mexico and played in the sand and ended up smelling my belt a couple of times and replaced the belt because the original had about an 6 inch wear spot on the side of the belt. The belt would slip when taking off and jerk a lot unless i got on it when taking off. Are my tires too big? Do I need to do some clutch work or more horsepower? I have read other people not having these problems just wanted to reach out and see if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it. Thanks.
Sounds like your clutch is not adjusted right. Since I have no knowledge what needs to be adjusted you'll have to wait until the other chime in with the years of experience to help you on how or what you need to do.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ.
You smoked your belt. Tell tale signs, jerking / studdering at takeoff, sometimes even engine shaking violently. How you did it? You could have spun your tires on something, roots, puddles, gravel, stomped on the gas, who knows. Buy a new one, Rocky Mountain ATV usually has the lowest price. Get the 652 belt.

Reactions: SUPERSMITH

·
Registered
797 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ.
You smoked your belt. Tell tale signs, jerking / studdering at takeoff, sometimes even engine shaking violently. How you did it? You could have spun your tires on something, roots, puddles, gravel, stomped on the gas, who knows. Buy a new one, Rocky Mountain ATV usually has the lowest price. Get the 652 belt.
I must have read it wrong as I thought he was implying he had this issue after he replaced the old belt with a new one.

·
Premium Member
12,708 Posts
I must have read it wrong as I thought he was implying he had this issue after he replaced the old belt with a new one.
No worries. What he is / was describing is a smoked / burned belt. Happens to everybody.

·
Registered
82 Posts
32's are totally fine on your machine. A clutch kit would get your RPM's/Power back to what you had with the stock 30's. Playing in the sand with the AT's may have contributed to the frying of the new belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts