Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
Well thank you very much [COLOR=rgb(222, 125, 74)][B][SIZE=4]HPnMORE4J[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] , I came home today and pulled off the blowoff and installed the plug and went out for a spin. First run under full throttle and it hit almost 9k rpms without issue for the most part. Had 1 slight mis but other than that ran awesome. I had opened the wastegate before I went out just incase it spiked high it wouldn't over boost. So after it ran good I noticed it was only pushing about 20psi, so stopped and made a wastegate adjustments t of about 2 turns. Ran again without issue buy only 23 psi, adjusted and ran a few times until I reached 30psi. Tune actually calls for 32 but for now it is running good so I wanted to come home and take a look at the blowoff. I should of taken a pic but there was dirt and grime where the piston slides and was sticky especially when trying to shut close when testing with a vacuum pump. Took it apart and cleaned it all up and used new grease. Tested again by pushing on the cylinder and it would return fast and smooth. So installed it back in and went for a quick rip down the street. Held 30psi without problems. I'm pretty sure that was the issue since all the tunes had the same problem regardless of fuel. Now the only other thing I did was tighten the spark plugs down to .016 on the gap from .018 . Moral is back up since I've been chasing this for 2 months and hadn't been riding. Once again thank you HPnMORE4J for the idea of Trying the blowoff valve.
You're welcome!
It seemed pretty spot on with what you were saying, glad I was able to offer a good suggestion, nothing more frustrating than a simple fix.

101 - 101 of 101 Posts