Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
1,663 Posts
Well fuuuuuuk me I checked everything except the one thing I was so sure was good because it’s always been good, any guesses? Damn winter blends why do they gota change chit around. after testing what should of been first on my list my ethanol content came out to e60 . Car was able to perform without issues under low boost and cruising due to it being right on the hairy edge. But under full boost it was just running too rich probably due to injector duty cycle going high as programmed for 30psi of boost. tomorrow I will drain the tank and find some e85 with testing to be absolutely true from a good station and refill, than test again. Lesson learned start with the easiest thing which for the whole year was always consistently e82-e85.
Things that thru me for a loop:
car would run perfectly fine until 8k+ rpm’s
Spark plugs were coming out clean and no indication of rich conditions.
Small boost leaks were found but upon fixing it didn’t fix situation.
And finally not sitting down with a beer in hand to think of the obvious.
I will post results of what happens tomorrow after new “good fuel” is used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only way to guaranty the ethanol content is with canned gas like Ignite or an equivalent. Pump E85 is hit or miss.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I slightly disagree, E85 in California is MANDATED to be 85% or be taxed at a higher rate (at least as delivered). every time I have tested it, it test @ 85%. But Yes you will get the most consistency with "canned fuels"

But I do agree for buying just about anywhere else in regardless to E85

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
It would be nice to have dedicated law like that here but due to the cold we experience here , they probably let the content be lower to ensure vehicles will start in cold weather. We tried starting some x3 last February on a trip to Colorado and at 17 degrees 3 of the 4 cars just would not start at all. Lesson learned for me. I always tested every single time and due to laziness I stoped.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
that is why most places post the e85 and "FLEX FUEL"
then is can be what ever they want to sell
here in the midwest this time of year you could end
up getting e70 at the e85 pump
this is for cold weather starting

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
She’s running good and that kwi tapp clutch seems to be running real good

Funny how the little stuff you forget to think of or a simple thing and will throw you off easy. I couldn't reach peak rpm last year and found it was old gas.

That's quite the clutch.....
Without going back and searching, what turbo/tune kit did you put in? Upgraded head studs, and head/valve work too?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Funny how the little stuff you forget to think of or a simple thing and will throw you off easy. I couldn't reach peak rpm last year and found it was old gas.

That's quite the clutch.....
Without going back and searching, what turbo/tune kit did you put in? Upgraded head studs, and head/valve work too?
Evo dynomite big turbo 320 hp tune , arp 9mm headstuds, aem fuel pump and some other bolt ons. Tapp clutch and floating secondary and a pleasantly plump driver for extra traction jajajaja

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Welp having issues again after switching to 91 for a few months and than back to "tested e85" fuel. Having a breakup in power up top after 8k rpms. Nothing changed as far as mechanical stuff. Talked with evo and they had me change the plugs and I did and gapped to .018 , problem is still there. Told me injectors mite be going bad so I installed the 1300cc injectors I had from them that I had been putting off and stronger wastegate for there 350hp tune. Loaded the tune and went out and low and behold still have the same issue up top. Double checked the crack pressure on the wastegate and seemed to be only giving me about 20psi of boost at full rpm so started cranking up the boost lil by little and going back and forth with tunes adjustment from Evo. I thought we were headed in the right direction than after the 2nd tune which seemed to almost get rid of the issue they sent me a 3rd tune to correct some small hiccups. Nope 3rd tune ran as crappy as the original problematic tune. So out of curiosity I loaded the 2nd and best running tune to get some data again and even that tune now runs like poops after 8k rpm. I was told to order the brisk spark plugs which I did yesterday so I'll gap those to the .018 or maybe even .016 , airfuels don't look horrible throughout the runs but still curious if anyone has had a similar problem. Hate to keep throwing money at it and not have a change in performance. I started thinking fuel pump but she still has rich condition so that kinda went out the window. Runs between 10.6 - 11.5 air fuel

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
It started with number 3 having different timing than the other 2 . Swapped all 3 coils around and still had same issue on 3. After the tune adjustments, looks like all 3 are the same now. It's not enough of a miss to cause a light to come on but definitely enough to feel it and hear it and not giving me the full 32 psi

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
It started with number 3 having different timing than the other 2 . Swapped all 3 coils around and still had same issue on 3. After the tune adjustments, looks like all 3 are the same now. It's not enough of a miss to cause a light to come on but definitely enough to feel it and hear it and not giving me the full 32 psi
Without looking back at the previous, have you ruled out the BOV?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Well thank you very much [COLOR=rgb(222, 125, 74)][B][SIZE=4]HPnMORE4J[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] , I came home today and pulled off the blowoff and installed the plug and went out for a spin. First run under full throttle and it hit almost 9k rpms without issue for the most part. Had 1 slight mis but other than that ran awesome. I had opened the wastegate before I went out just incase it spiked high it wouldn't over boost. So after it ran good I noticed it was only pushing about 20psi, so stopped and made a wastegate adjustments t of about 2 turns. Ran again without issue buy only 23 psi, adjusted and ran a few times until I reached 30psi. Tune actually calls for 32 but for now it is running good so I wanted to come home and take a look at the blowoff. I should of taken a pic but there was dirt and grime where the piston slides and was sticky especially when trying to shut close when testing with a vacuum pump. Took it apart and cleaned it all up and used new grease. Tested again by pushing on the cylinder and it would return fast and smooth. So installed it back in and went for a quick rip down the street. Held 30psi without problems. I'm pretty sure that was the issue since all the tunes had the same problem regardless of fuel. Now the only other thing I did was tighten the spark plugs down to .016 on the gap from .018 . Moral is back up since I've been chasing this for 2 months and hadn't been riding. Once again thank you HPnMORE4J for the idea of Trying the blowoff valve.

81 - 100 of 101 Posts