Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Well I replaced the coil on. Number 1 since it's the only one that ever through a code for misfire and still having issue. Here's a pic of the spark plugs I replaced. Let me know what you guys think. I'm thinking maybe slightly lean. The last pic is of the new spark plug from #1 after about 1 hour of run time.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Hood Gas Automotive design Tread

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive design Wood Grille Motor vehicle

·
Registered
264 Posts
If you let it sit with e85 for that long i will start taking injectors out and send them for flow test.will remove fuel pump and check the strainer have not cake out.did you also cleaned the frame and engine block grounds, stator connector?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
If you let it sit with e85 for that long i will start taking injectors out and send them for flow test.will remove fuel pump and check the strainer have not cake out.did you also cleaned the frame and engine block grounds, stator connector?
I started to remove the fuel pump last night but it was around 10 degrees outside and I couldn't feel my fingers anymore until I smacked them on the metal bar when my ratchet slipt and said screw this 😅 hahaha. I'll continue today after work

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
So I pulled the fuel unit out yesterday and inspected it couldn't find any rips or tears. Performed a vacuum test with the hand vacuum pump and held vacuum as well as pressure. Pulled the other 2 plugs aswell ill post the pics. Also my innovate gauge with fuel pressure sensor came in so once my hose adapters show up on Monday I'll install that to see what we got going on. Also pulled the wideband out to perform a open air calibration and switched the display on my gauge to lambda that way I can get actual numbers on the air fuel mixture. Got tired of guessing what fuel type display I had it on, this way there's no confusion to what I'm reading
Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Automotive design

Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Hopefully after work today ill get a chance to go test once more and datalog the lambda with my laptop aswell as with the maptuner than compare the both. At this point the only thing I haven't tested is the injectors

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I'm gona test the fuel next. Maybe I got lower than e80 from the pump 🤔. Also maybe the coil I swapped wasn't the bad one and I still have either 2 or 3 coil causing the issue and showing me that it's rich even though the plugs are clean and not showing soot from burning rich. Idk what else it could be. I tightened all clamps to make sure I wasn't loosing boost somewhere. Next also mite be using a pressure tester on the whole system and start listening for air leaks and spraying soapy water

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Well fuuuuuuk me I checked everything except the one thing I was so sure was good because it’s always been good, any guesses? Damn winter blends why do they gota change chit around. after testing what should of been first on my list my ethanol content came out to e60 . Car was able to perform without issues under low boost and cruising due to it being right on the hairy edge. But under full boost it was just running too rich probably due to injector duty cycle going high as programmed for 30psi of boost. tomorrow I will drain the tank and find some e85 with testing to be absolutely true from a good station and refill, than test again. Lesson learned start with the easiest thing which for the whole year was always consistently e82-e85.
Things that thru me for a loop:
car would run perfectly fine until 8k+ rpm’s
Spark plugs were coming out clean and no indication of rich conditions.
Small boost leaks were found but upon fixing it didn’t fix situation.
And finally not sitting down with a beer in hand to think of the obvious.
I will post results of what happens tomorrow after new “good fuel” is used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 101 Posts