Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 60 of 460 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I will be putting the 32 x 10 x 15 Chicane RX's on my XRS in two weeks time. I have the STI HD5 Beadlocks on with them. Tire and wheel come in at 61 lbs. I will weigh the stock tires when they come off. Photobombed by two cats, lol.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
I will be putting the 32 x 10 x 15 Chicane RX's on my XRS in two weeks time. I have the STI HD5 Beadlocks on with them. Tire and wheel come in at 61 lbs. I will weigh the stock tires when they come off. Photobombed by two cats, lol.

Stock XRS wheels and tires weigh in at

29.6# 30" bighorn 2
15.37# wheel

44.97# total

·
Registered
385 Posts
I did end up going with the 33

Do you think this set up will fit on the XDS?
I don't think it will be a problem since my RS is not even remotely close and from visualizing tire setting about 4in further in, but not 100% sure. You might lean heavier towards a 4+3 offset wheel (MSA had the best selection from my research) but I doubt its necessary.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Awesome.... I hope to get to Moab soon. I'm going to have the Halo locker put in. Do you have them in your cars Sam? How did they handle in Moab?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Anyone running a 33x10.5-15in light truck tire on 5+2 offset wheel? Looks like from earlier post its ok on a 4+3 offset but wondering if a 5+2 would likely make it rub ... seems unlikely but any input appreciated. I am going with the Dick Cepek Extreme Country as priced well, weigh the least for a MT tire from what I have found, and I like the tread pattern for what I do.
I run the 30" Dick Cepek Extreme Country MT's on a 16" MSA wheel on my Defender Max. I put 32" ITP UC R spec's on my XDS Turbo. If I had it to do all over again I'm not so sure I wouldn't put the Extreme Country's on the turbo mav. They look good, ride good, comparative in weight, reasonably priced and there is -0- concern about road riding at all with tire wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Awesome.... I hope to get to Moab soon. I'm going to have the Halo locker put in. Do you have them in your cars Sam? How did they handle in Moab?
Halos in both cars. The steering is definitely affected by the halo. I'm used to the XPT steering so I have had to learn to disengage the Halo as soon as the obstacle is cleared. 5-2 offset on the 35" car. 4-3 offset on the 33" car. The offset does make a difference. As far as the tires. The CSTs are a soft compound, and I mean soft. They will not give many miles, but they work very well in Moab. They STICK. The LONG trailing arms on the car are what hang it up quite a bit on ledges and stuff, and that is where the 35s help a lot. Just that inch or so seems to benefit it a fair amount over the 33" car. The car is now on par with our 33" shod HCR XPT as far as crawling, which works extremely well.

The only thing that is sub par is the steering with halo engaged, which has been addressed in earlier threads. But, like I wrote above I have learned to deal with it.

Sam

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Sam I would love to go on a trip with ya down in moab sometime. We are down that way quite often

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sam I would love to go on a trip with ya down in moab sometime. We are down that way quite often

Might be going Saturday. The following 2 weekends I usually refrain from any of the tougher trails in Moab due to the Jeep Safari. Let the Buggies have the run of it.

I will know tomorrow if we are going.

Thx
Sam

41 - 60 of 460 Posts