Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

441 - 460 of 464 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. First post here. I'm picking up my 2019 X3 Turbo early next week and have a question about tire/wheel size. In stock configuration, the machine is 64" wide. In Wisconsin, where I intend to do some riding the max width is 65" so I can't grow too much. I'd like to get a 30" or so all terrain tire on the machine. Factory is 28x9 front and 28x11 rear. Are the factory supplied rims the same front and rear? What is the factory offset on the wheel?

Am I correct that if I purchase 30x10.5 tires for the front and the rear, the width will stay essentially the same? If I do change rims, I need to make sure the offset is the same as factory to not increase width.

I have access to a tire changer at a friends shop. Any special precautions I should take with the factory aluminum rims?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hello everyone. First post here. I'm picking up my 2019 X3 Turbo early next week and have a question about tire/wheel size. In stock configuration, the machine is 64" wide. In Wisconsin, where I intend to do some riding the max width is 65" so I can't grow too much. I'd like to get a 30" or so all terrain tire on the machine. Factory is 28x9 front and 28x11 rear. Are the factory supplied rims the same front and rear? What is the factory offset on the wheel?

Am I correct that if I purchase 30x10.5 tires for the front and the rear, the width will stay essentially the same? If I do change rims, I need to make sure the offset is the same as factory to not increase width.

I have access to a tire changer at a friends shop. Any special precautions I should take with the factory aluminum rims?
the fronts and back on your x3 64" are different so take that into consideration. also dont forget WI has the low pressure tire laws in place still so it will have be less than a certain psi max pressure to be legal. seems like 20 or 25 psi is the max, it has been a while since i looked at the rule. hopefully the new law changes pass and do away with that and standardize how they measure the width but until then, it is what it is.

if you purchase 30 x 10.5 you would pretty much stay the same width, on a stock rim. the rears are 11" wide, the fronts will end up wider but still about the same as the backs. factory offset on the 64" wheels are mentioned in this thread but here it is again.

12mm lugs with a 1.5 thread pitch
M12x1.5 lug nuts

Wheel/tire specs for X3 base:
Non-beadlocks and non-square setup
Front 14x7 with 55mm of offset which is 6.17" of backspacing with a 28x9x14 bighorn
Rear 14x8 with 76mm of offset which is 7.5" of backspacing with a 28x11x14 bighorn

Wheel/tire specs for X3 XDS:
Beadlocks but non-square setup
Front 14x7 with 55mm of offset which is 6.17" of backspacing with a 29x9x14 bighorn
Rear 14x8 with 76mm of offset which is 7.5" of backspacing with a 29x11x14 bighorn

Wheel/tire specs for X3 XRS:
Beadlocks and Square setup
Front and Rear 14x7 with 55mm of offset which is 6.17" of backspacing with a 30x10x14 bighorn

good luck with your decision, welcome from WI as well.

steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just switched to these 31x15x10.50r DOT Light truck tires (mud terrain) with old school Rock Star 1s. I was tired of cutting thin ATV sidewalls. Tried the new ones on an extremely rocky trail, (which killed two prior tires) and they did great. Weight is 61 pounds per tire, including rim.

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC Turbo R
13 Posts
Anybody have suggestions for a strong 15" wheel that has at least 5" backspacing and won't break the bank?
After looking for a while I decided to go with the Method 401. They have a 15x6 53/5+1 that I'm going for but there not that cheap. I just got sick of looking and due to the fact that we do a lot of riding in NH and there gates are supposed to be set at 64" we just rub through with our 72" Machines I had to go with a Wheel that wouldn't be much wider then stock. The part number is MR40156047551B if your interested. There about 250 each. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
After looking for a while I decided to go with the Method 401. They have a 15x6 53/5+1 that I'm going for but there not that cheap. I just got sick of looking and due to the fact that we do a lot of riding in NH and there gates are supposed to be set at 64" we just rub through with our 72" Machines I had to go with a Wheel that wouldn't be much wider then stock. The part number is MR40156047551B if your interested. There about 250 each. Good luck with your search.
Holy thread resurrection! Thanks man, Yup I've been running the Method 401R for a couple years now. Back when I made that post they didn't exist. I've been sponsored by Method for years but at the time they didn't have anything that would work. Thankfully they got around the building the best UTV wheel on the market for this car.

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC Turbo R
13 Posts
Holy thread resurrection! Thanks man, Yup I've been running the Method 401R for a couple years now. Back when I made that post they didn't exist. I've been sponsored by Method for years but at the time they didn't have anything that would work. Thankfully they got around the building the best UTV wheel on the market for this car.
Hi I'm new to the forum and didn't realize that I responded to a 4 year old thread. Well at least I no now that I made a good choice for my wheels. I was thinking of getting the KMC Grenades but I think im better off with the methods. Thanks for getting back to me. I'll figure out the forum soon..lol

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC Turbo R
13 Posts
Not yet, we have been doing other upgrades first, radius rods, front gusset kit, bulk head, shock tower brace, Tranny brace and just ordered A arms. As soon as I have everything together I will be posting pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did end up going with the 33-10.5-15 Dick Cepek Extreme Countries and mounted them on STI HD5 15x7 with 5+2 backspacing.

Wanted true light truck tires to help ensure a smooth ride at speed and get extremely long life out of them. The Dicks can be had for $170 which is the cheapest for a LT tire I have found and I really like the combination tread pattern of very aggressive on edges and more condensed center treads for good on and off road combination. Nice to have a USA built tire too. They weighed in at the claimed 48lbs. I will note they measure out at a 32x10 and now curious what the BFG's KM2's are at for comparison (but still much more expensive ~$220)?

Struggled to find 15in wheels that I liked and gambled with the 5+2 offset hoping no clearance issues. Did not want to go 14in with all the issues of stuff tearing up wheels and 15in still gives a lot of sidewall in this big of tire for a more plush ride and flex for rock crawling. Had no real intentions of beadlocks as I don't do any really low pressures or hard desert racing, was trying to not go heavy on wheels too, but also keep reasonable price. Researched a lot and in the end the HD5 beadlocks are the same or lighter than the non-beadlocks I had my eyes on, priced only slightly higher, and really the only wheel I truly liked for my ride so went that route. Not to mention makes it easier for me to install the tires myself, can powder coat the beadlocks to match my ride now, and gives me good piece of mind. Really like that the beadlock is flush with inner rim so crap does get trapped in beadlock or have to rely on drains in beadlock to hopefully let it flush out, but I will mention there is a fair gap between the beadlock and inner wheel (especially as the LT tires seem to have a thicker bead) so dirt particles will likely accumulate in here.They weighed in at 16.75lbs with all hardware for the beadlocks in. As a side note, had to pick up a set of M12x1.50 lug nuts at local auto parts store in the splined version as holes not big enough for stock lugs with standard socket head and suspect many wheels will be like this ... the splined ones are really nice but a little inconvenient to carry a key all times.

This combination rides great at high speed. No need for me to see if can get them balanced and a big relief as my last set of big UTV tires had horrible wheel shake even with balancing beads, etc. Not even close for clearance issues even with the 5+2 offset on my RS. Will be nice on the tight trails and give me the extra few inches when trailering to not have to crawl up trailer. I still would have gone 4+3 but no wheel choices of my liking.

Hopefully they hold up well and will report back if not ... will see how the belt holds long term but really not that much heavier than most UTV specific setups. i would'nt want anything smaller personally and almost sad it still doesnt look like a monster truck with 33's on it LOL.

View attachment 99137 View attachment 99145 View attachment 99153 View attachment 99161 View attachment 99169 View attachment 99177 View attachment 99185 View attachment 99193
How wide did this leave you ride after the new wheels

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just an FYI I posted on another thread and I thought it might be helpful here too

Stock 14" beadlock w/ stock 30" 2.0's weighs 47lbs
Stock 14" beadlock w/ 32" BFG KM3's weighs 60lbs

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Looking myself for a "best bang for the buck" beadlock with the proper offset (5.0?)
for 32X10 front - 32X12 rear ss360 tires.

Do I go for a 8" width front and 10" rear wheel? offset?

·
Registered
95 Posts
How beneficial is it to have a staggered setup on a 72” machine? BRP moved to a staggered from a squared off setup on many of the 72" machines now right?

What/where does it help exactly for this platform? Is it beneficial in specific scenarios/terrain only at stock power levels? Is it for Balance? Has anyone tried back to back ~identical setups on a Squared setup VS Staggered and can provide any feedback? Can it be felt, is it at all better for any specific reasons?

And does that outweigh the convenience of a single spare that matches all 4 corners?

Purely out of curiosity on that detail?

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 18 72" came stock squared and i personally prefer it that way. I'm able to rotate front to rear as the tires wear and also having 1 spare to be able to use in any of the 4 corners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had ZERO luck finding any 15" 5 +2 wheels in stock up here in Canada anywhere. So other than terrabites or carnivore's are there any other 32" tires that will 100% fit on my stock xds 14" wheels?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
are there any other 32" tires that will 100% fit on my stock xds 14" wheels?
Maxxis makes a 32x10R14, but it seems any 32 on stock rims will rub.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the Aftershocks as well and I really liked them. My problem, not the tires, was my Walker Evans wheels would not compress enough to seal the bead on them properly so I decided to give the 32" KR2s a shot. (Local shop via Jackson Racing @ 260/tire plus the shipping. I have also seen a online dealer that lists for a hair less with free shipping) The tire weight is listed at 39.5 lbs.
Regarding the width, I too had reservations, but I can confidently tell you these tires flat out hook up in desert hard pack in a RS. When I ran the Bighorns I drove in 4wd all the time as the back would get a little to loose at speed for my comfort. I drove the KR2s in 2wd nearly the entire time except for sand acceleration, climbing hills or crawling. In 4wd they have amazing acceleration but I'm trying to see what belt life I can get if I'm slightly less abusive to it and somewhat respectful of the tire and wheel weight.
The KR2s did not disappoint in high speed handling either through the bumps or flat out getting it down a trail. They gave great direction change confidence. I had very few bump steering moments trying to rip the steering wheel from my hand (which in 2 occasions I actually turned around to see what the hell I hit; big rock to one front tire both times). I imagine with less tire width it must help with steering power/control. I figured BFG knew what they were doing. In regards to air pressure I had read 20 psi but ran 17. If I was high speed through long rock sections I would want more pressure.
is it real the tire weight (39.5)????

·
Registered
14 Posts
If it matters any I'm running 34x8.5x18 motohavoks stock clutching stage 3 tune sndnful exhaust and no issues with tire clearances with anything

441 - 460 of 464 Posts