Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

421 - 439 of 439 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Ok......I have read all 43 pages and I'm still confused :question: So I have a 2018 base X3 Turbo 64". I am running 30" Bighorn take offs and they work pretty good. Most of my riding is in Lake Havasu, Moab (rock crawling), and a little bit of sand. I ride somewhat aggressive and would like to get a little more width. I am looking at Tusk 15" 5+2 wheels and am curious at what tire would suit my riding. I have been looking at the Sedona Rock-A-Billy, Tusk Terrabite Kevlar Radial, Tusk Terrabite. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In Havasu I’m running 35 tensor’s in a rs max and plan on doing the APT in October. I’ve ran out to Lake Alamo and they work great. Running Douglas wheels. Tricky part is what air pressure to run I started at 20psi and now down to 15/16. I would run 2 sets one for Moab and one for desert.

in my 2005 LJ Rubi I run 35 bFg muds for Moab about 8psi works great! Havasu run 10/15 psi depends on trail / street. Haven’t taken the max to Moab

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
In Havasu I’m running 35 tensor’s in a rs max and plan on doing the APT in October. I’ve ran out to Lake Alamo and they work great. Running Douglas wheels. Tricky part is what air pressure to run I started at 20psi and now down to 15/16. I would run 2 sets one for Moab and one for desert.

in my 2005 LJ Rubi I run 35 bFg muds for Moab about 8psi works great! Havasu run 10/15 psi depends on trail / street. Haven’t taken the max to Moab
I'm running my Tensor 35s at work psi. Working fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
69 Posts

Thanks DLC, I wish I could have two sets of tires. I live full time in my RV so that really isn't an option. I have been looking at the BFG's but they are more than I was wanting to spend. But on the other hand, you get what you pay for, so I'll probably increase my budget a bit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ok, tried to scan thru many of the plethora of pages in this thread and my brain hurts, here's my deal
base turbo max
want to put on 30x9.5x15 tires on it
why can't anyone standardize what offset measurement are used, some places show as #+# others as ##mm
what offset values(in both measurement styles please and thank you) do i need to keep the scrub radius as close to stock as possible and not worry about hitting/rubbing suspension

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
7 or 8 wide?
7 stock is 6+1 or +50mm
stock offset is fine with 30" tires
when you get over 30 stock offset can rub

·
Registered
32 Posts
thanks, not sure, it doesn't matter to me if its 7 or 8
so what about with at 15x8 rim? looking around quick it seems most of the less expensive ones are 4+3 or 4+4? which seems a big difference from 6+1

7 or 8 wide?
7 stock is 6+1 or +50mm
stock offset is fine with 30" tires
when you get over 30 stock offset can rub

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Is anyone running Liberty 32x10-14 with factory 14" beadlocks on a 64" X3? I'm ready to purchase a set of tires and want to make sure they don't rub.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does anyone run the high offset method 401r?

I have a 72” wide xrc and want to stay as narrow as possible. I think I can achieve this with the 401r being a 5” wide wheel.

Is it not a bad idea to run 10” wide tires on a 5” wide rim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

I have a 72” wide xrc and want to stay as narrow as possible. I think I can achieve this with the 401r being a 5” wide wheel.

Works great, your car will be pretty much stock width. There is no issue running any normal tire on that wheel.

·
Official Site Vendor
5,450 Posts

I agree they will work great and they are on sale right now. PM if you need a set.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
5+0 offset or +46mm I believe. They are a tad narrower than OEM wheels. I'm running 35x10.50s fit great on 5" wheel

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
If I am going 15" wheel I should go 15x7 at a 5+2 offset? I am going to run the Fuel Gripper RT 32" tires 32x15x10. I am putting in my order today can some one verify this I have the turbo r which is the 64 inch suspension.

Much appreciated!!!

421 - 439 of 439 Posts