Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was airing up my tires Saturday and noticed that the front tires are 4 ply, and the rear tires are a 6 ply is this right? Are anyone else's tires this way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
yea I keep getting holes in the sidewalls. I gotta get me a new set of tires. Just dont know what to get yet. Im talking with Alex Reed. I want the GBC Mongrels but they suck whereI ride. I ride trails and mud in WV. Ill figure something out eventually. I do know I want a radial and 8 ply

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I was airing up my tires Saturday and noticed that the front tires are 4 ply, and the rear tires are a 6 ply is this right? Are anyone else's tires this way

yep that is the stock setup...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

They do this for a couple reasons.
1st reason is too keep the cost down. 4 ply is a little less to make.
2nd reason, 4 ply in the front because less stress on side wall and they can keep the weight down.
3rd reason 6 ply in rear for added side protection from hard turns carring most of the vehicle weight and hp to the grd.
need a little stiffer side wall

·
Registered
129 Posts
yea I keep getting holes in the sidewalls. I gotta get me a new set of tires. Just dont know what to get yet. Im talking with Alex Reed. I want the GBC Mongrels but they suck whereI ride. I ride trails and mud in WV. Ill figure something out eventually. I do know I want a radial and 8 ply
STI Roctanes are 8 ply radial all the way around but I don't know much about them aside from that.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Here is what I can tell you from talking with s&s in northfork wv.
He buys tires by the container maxxis, kenda, sti, gbc, and others..
He said the best tire in his opinion is the kenda bearclaw htr for all around riding.
He said the sti is to stiff and rides rough and the only reason he would pick those are if you rock crawl solely.
He has ran every tire imaginable.
Take that for what its worth.
I run bearclaw htr. My buddy ran bighorns until I talked him into the bearclaws. He said the bearclaws do everything as good as the bighorns or better and they track better and hold a line better. He said they go where you point the tires.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
STI Roctanes are 8 ply radial all the way around but I don't know much about them aside from that.
dude...you gotta get a new Avatar for the Maverick forum :tongue:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I love my blackwater evo's, the sidewall is stiff but also very tough.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Seen some efx tires online yesterday. Come in 27" and 30". 27's are 3/4 lug and 30's are a 1" lug. both are 14's also and a radial tire.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yea but they're on a polaris in the pic. How do they perform on a real machine lol... j/k

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had one too many side wall punctures on the front with the stock bighorns. Thank heaven for headlock rims, rode several trips back out of the rough without throwing a flat tire and damaging the rim. Evo backwater for me in our sump infested trails.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Who makes the evo backwater? Itp?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here is what I can tell you from talking with s&s in northfork wv.
He buys tires by the container maxxis, kenda, sti, gbc, and others..
He said the best tire in his opinion is the kenda bearclaw htr for all around riding.
He said the sti is to stiff and rides rough and the only reason he would pick those are if you rock crawl solely.
He has ran every tire imaginable.
Take that for what its worth.
I run bearclaw htr. My buddy ran bighorns until I talked him into the bearclaws. He said the bearclaws do everything as good as the bighorns or better and they track better and hold a line better. He said they go where you point the tires.
Kenda is not a serious player for sxs's if they don't have anything larger than a 26" tire. Looks like they cater to four wheelers. 26" is the absolute smallest anyone would want where we ride.

·
Registered
90 Posts
They have 27's that measure big.
Not a player?? Tell william yokley that when he won the championship on kendas.
And your 2.0 don't measure 27" just because the side states they do.
Just sayin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts