·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently streamline no longer makes larger 270mm brake kits
For mavericks ( only RZRs ).

So need to machine my own, .

One site advertises 420SS High carbon, but don't tell the heat treat specs

If I have to, I'll send my factory discs out for analysis for hardness .

the caliper extended bracket is simple,
Just don't want to make new discs, without proper specs,

Only want to make them once,

Anyone have knowledge of the grade of stainless? And heat treating specs ?

PLZ Help .

And why did streamline stop building them for can am ??
The other kits are ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Making your own brakes... That's nothing short of impressive. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Can Am has a front brake kit that is 260 mm. Its available thru the race program. Im not sure what size the xds turbo brakes are tho. Might just be those. Nothing for the rear brakes from Can Am

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
XDS turbo brakes are 8.625" in the front and 8.375" in the rear. 260mm is just shy of 10.25". Measured them today.....could we be working on something new??? Call me Paul

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Alex,

I am close on this, we water jetted the disc and are in the process of cncing the brackets. We went 10.25 on rotors, I was at Sema so got behind with that. Probably at least a week or two yet.

XDS turbo brakes are 8.625" in the front and 8.375" in the rear. 260mm is just shy of 10.25". Measured them today.....could we be working on something new??? Call me Paul

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
We should have a big brake kit front and rear on the market for around $600 by the end of the year.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I think the big brake kit will sell good as even with my 14-XRS that don't have power needs help with the brakes .
With added weight and heavy mud tires the brakes are way under powered and need help . The larger disks should give the brakes the help they need

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Would this make tight inside the 14" wheels causing rocks to get caught just like the 12" wheels do on stock brakes? Will we need some kind of modified rock scraper or something to help?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Would this make tight inside the 14" wheels causing rocks to get caught just like the 12" wheels do on stock brakes? Will we need some kind of modified rock scraper or something to help?
Probably time for 15" wheels for the big brake kits . Then things won't be tight in there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
It will fit inside a 14" wheel. Ill be running them on my BITD Maverick running 14" Methods in the desert and i feel comfortable with the clearance. Yes it will be someone tight but will work as long as it's not a double beadlock wheel like an ITP or Hiper. I know the Hiper won't work but the ITP may.
It will work on all model Mavericks and will be sold in a set of 4 rotors and 4 caliper brackets to relocate the stock calipers.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Yeah. The stock flex lines work on our +4 long travel just fine, they'll have zero issues on the BBK

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
And the rotors will be drilled. It just didn't make sense to cut them with all the holes to test fit. Once we get close we'll have everything cut on the laser like a production piece for final fitment and then I'll cut them from the expensive stuff.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts