Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gettin ready to order a harness bar and harnesses, but im a pretty big boy.... Do they make larger sized harnesses? If so can anyone direct me to a thread/site about this? Still new to the SxS game so any help will b appreciated!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Same here

·
Registered
227 Posts
Im gettin ready to order a harness bar and harnesses, but im a pretty big boy.... Do they make larger sized harnesses? If so can anyone direct me to a thread/site about this? Still new to the SxS game so any help will b appreciated!!!
How big? I am 6'1" and about 215. Big shoulders. I use the prp 2" 5pt harness. Work awesome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I am 6'1" also, but im pushin 280-85.... And its all in my belly(except after midnight)...just lookin for something im not gonna struggle to get on my fat arse everytime!!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I don't know about other brands, but I have Pro Armour 3" harnesses. My bro-in-law is a really big boy. 6' - 375 lbs and has no trouble with my harnesses.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Not saying I'm fat, but I have eaten quite a few sandwiches in my life. I'm 6'7 and 300 pounds and my Dragonfire Harness is perfect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok then i should b fine with one of those... I was leaning toward the pro armors anyway,havent checked out the dragonfire ones yet but i will tonight! Thanks guys thats exactly why i asked... This forum is kick a$$ and full of good info!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sounds like sum you boys are just plain husky!!!
Wouldn't worry the harness' will fit ya.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Chow hounds unite!

·
Registered
412 Posts
DJ safety harnesses offer longer lap an shoulder straps for larger drivers .

mine are standard size, but great quality,

Make sure to get the 2" set with 3" shoulder Pads only with the shoulder straps sewn into lap belts.

these are WAY WAY more comfortable an easy to get in an out of with just the one joint to latch,

Instead of hooking both shoulder straps onto the lap latch and latching 3 joints .

3" harnesses are way overkill for the lower speeds of SxSs

Just think about the thin 2" belts in automobiles . ever heard of one breaking that didnt get cut ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Sounds like sum you boys are just plain husky!!!
Wouldn't worry the harness' will fit ya."​

Well Desert Dog, I like to think if I lived in the beautiful state of Cali I would be more fit n trim!! But living here in Indiana I tend to put on some xtra "winter weight"!! Ah hell who am I kidding, Im just a good ol country boy who likes his food, shoot I think I was baptized in gravy!​

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u can fit a 400 pound dude in the pro armor harnesses I seen someone say, but I know I have a lot of rope left ,

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the 3" dragon fire harnesses. Had my 400+ pound sister in law strapped in with room to spare in the straps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts