Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one do a big bore throttle body? Looking to ditch the fly by wire, Cant even bash through mud puddles without it cutting power.

Also big bore throttle body would free up some hp.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
998 Posts
What we need is a brp black box that eliminates the shaft saver (what's cutting the power) raises the rpms and kicks the coolant fan on earlier

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I haven't felt the shaft saver in my Mav yet, but when i had my commander I felt it all the time. Especially when climbing tall steep dunes, sometimes when jumping or power sliding, pretty scary when your power sliding and the throttle lets off - . I ended up putting a K&T black box in the commando and cured everything. But I was told it wouldn't work with the Mav so i sold it. Like I said I ride in the exact same places/style & haven't had an issue yet. Curious if you guys are just noticing it in the mud, 2wd/4wd or when just riding hard w/normal terrain?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my Mav cut power on me multiple times, mostly if I try and fly through puddles, Or lift a tire off the ground alittle bit.

Also I think it would help a lot with the jerky throttle response, would it help it off the line too? These machines are not instant off the line like a throttle cable machine.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I havent noticed it at all on mine.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine doesn't cut power and I'm wide open everywhere I go. The only thing is when I jump it bumps the rev limiter.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's a few things you can do to prevent the power cutting. Like mentioned above get the sport low mode I have it and it makes a world of a difference for $200. (Arcticbomb on eBay) if you don't find this to be enough you can contact monster tuning and get a tune monster it totally over ride the existing Ecu and removes all governors if you want. You won't get the power cuts anymore forsure. This would be good for the guys that are jumping too and complaining that it'll cut the power when they are in the air as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another thing I just thought of is the Guys that have the turbo kits for the mavericks are changing the whole intake system and the throttle body too. Maybe if you put their throttle body on your machine it would fix ur issue as well I dont know tho.

·
Registered
528 Posts
We run a 58mm TB in our race car too...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
I haven't felt the shaft saver in my Mav yet, but when i had my commander I felt it all the time. Especially when climbing tall steep dunes, sometimes when jumping or power sliding, pretty scary when your power sliding and the throttle lets off - . I ended up putting a K&T black box in the commando and cured everything. But I was told it wouldn't work with the Mav so i sold it. Like I said I ride in the exact same places/style & haven't had an issue yet. Curious if you guys are just noticing it in the mud, 2wd/4wd or when just riding hard w/normal terrain?

I'm 100% with you. My Commander was ridiculous on the whoops before I purchased the K&T BB. On my Maverick I don't notice it at all. I'm not even sure a black box would make much of a difference.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts