Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
here's some pics of stock 14inch wheels with 32" BFG's I was able to use the stock beadlock bolts with no problem.
Those look great. Stock wheels may be more robust and far as bead size. I think the issue is with the raceline wheels, also maybe because mine are 15 inch. More than half an inch bead and with these wheels you need spacers. Otherwise bolts are leaning and the bead ring is canting inward...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Trying to find out how much the 14x32’s are. I was thinking of the weight difference between the 30 inch big horns on stock 14’s to these on the stock 14’s.
Probably way over thinking the 14 to 15 inch aluminum wheel vs is 1 inch of rubber or wheel heavier. I really like the get up and go I have (and the fact I’m still spanking my buddy in his 2020 rr)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trying to find out how much the 14x32’s are. I was thinking of the weight difference between the 30 inch big horns on stock 14’s to these on the stock 14’s.
Probably way over thinking the 14 to 15 inch aluminum wheel vs is 1 inch of rubber or wheel heavier. I really like the get up and go I have (and the fact I’m still spanking my buddy in his 2020 rr)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're probably over thinking it. The combined weight difference between a 14" wheel combo and 15" is most likely pretty close to a wash. One has more wheel and less tire, the other the opposite.

As for speed, yes I would have to think the taller tire will affect your spanking ability a bit. But I mostly trail ride and rock climb so speed is not my goal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
So went riding over at north glamis hot springs. the trails there where so bad that I was just waiting for my car to fall apart. So wash boarded out it wasn't even fun. End of day one noticed that i was missing a bead lock bolt. Hmmm, okay. I know I torqued all of them to spec. Day 2 noticed 2 more fell out so now 3 in a row on one wheel front. Now I'm looking closely and see that they sheared off and the threads where still in there. What would cause them to shear off if torqued to 15 pounds? No marks on the wheel so I don;t think I hit anything. I am running the BFG'S ko3

·
Registered
646 Posts
So went riding over at north glamis hot springs. the trails there where so bad that I was just waiting for my car to fall apart. So wash boarded out it wasn't even fun. End of day one noticed that i was missing a bead lock bolt. Hmmm, okay. I know I torqued all of them to spec. Day 2 noticed 2 more fell out so now 3 in a row on one wheel front. Now I'm looking closely and see that they sheared off and the threads where still in there. What would cause them to shear off if torqued to 15 pounds? No marks on the wheel so I don;t think I hit anything. I am running the BFG'S ko3
Did you torque once or did you make sure to go around several times?

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
646 Posts
Keep going around until they stop turning and just click the torque wrench, slways takes me 4-5 rounds per wheel

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the same issue with my fuel wheels when I first put them on.
Came back to camp after a rip around the dunes and looked down at my wheel and the head of the bolt broke off. Fixed it and went back out. Came back to camp check the wheels and one of the other wheels were missing the head of the bolt. That night I changed all the bolts in the wheels and never had a issue after that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What wheels are you using? If they are Raceline like mine and you don't use a bead spacer under the lock ring with the BFG K3 tires, I could see the bolt bending inward and consequently breaking under stress.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts