Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Machine is a 2020 RR

The coolant line that goes from reservoir down to the "L" fitting on the right side of the intake is wearing through at 4 different points on my machine. Wearing through significantly enough that it's a little too close for comfort. Obvious and noticable worn dents in the hose and one has slice damage at the top arrow in the pic at the sensor.

Other spots are at the oil fill/dipstick. And on the intake runners.

It was just a matter of time. Heads up...

Very amateur. Not sure if there should be protective conduit on it? Are they all just bare hose?

20210611_133738.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe there pose to be zip tied under the charge tube. Atleast that's how mine are. No idea why you would zip tie coolant lines on your intake runners lol

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe there pose to be zip tied under the charge tube. Atleast that's how mine are. No idea why you would zip tie coolant lines on your intake runners lol
Looks like a molded hose. Hopefully some more peeps will chime in. First time I've gotten in there and have nothing to compare it to. Not sure what the way it should be is. Or if more are like this?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I put wire loom/conduit on all of mine, like the big hose on top in your pic. I don't like the hoses touching anything with all the movement and vibrations

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put wire loom/conduit on all of mine, like the big hose on top in your pic. I don't like the hoses touching anything with all the movement and vibrations
The hose after the L fitting is in coduit. I can't believe these morons installed it like that with no conduit up to the reservoir. It's in contact in several spots.

That hose is molded and does have a part #. I will get that fixed and have a closer look at everything else in there as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
are you going with an oem hose ? looks like there would be zero issue getting a replacement at an auto parts store since there aren't any hard bends in it.
it also seems that if you shortened the length slightly it would pull the hose away from all the contact points

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OEM is only $12 so probably will just go with that and cover it with conduit or some split heater hose scraps.

No doubt you could just buy some hose off a roll at a store as well.

This is definitely something for people to check. If it's anything like mine, you will start pissing coolant on the trail someday 100%.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Machine is a 2020 RR

The coolant line that goes from reservoir down to the "L" fitting on the right side of the intake is wearing through at 4 different points on my machine. Wearing through significantly enough that it's a little too close for comfort. Obvious and noticable worn dents in the hose and one has slice damage at the top arrow in the pic at the sensor.

Other spots are at the oil fill/dipstick. And on the intake runners.

It was just a matter of time. Heads up...

Very amateur. Not sure if there should be protective conduit on it? Are they all just bare hose?
I was curious so checked the parts diagram. Looks like no conduit/protector prescribed there, though I'd guess it wouldn't hurt. OEM Parts for Motorcycles, Dirt Bikes, ATVs, and UTVs | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Especially as also mentioned, right up against the intake runners! Though the likely not much heat transfer there relative to the amount of air flow, but still!

·
Registered
151 Posts
are you going with an oem hose ? looks like there would be zero issue getting a replacement at an auto parts store since there aren't any hard bends in it.
it also seems that if you shortened the length slightly it would pull the hose away from all the contact points
For me, I'd be more inclined to add split loom to protect/insulate it, but would still want to secure it to something at a few points, rather than shorten it and have it bounce around freely.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was curious so checked the parts diagram. Looks like no conduit/protector prescribed there, though I'd guess it wouldn't hurt. OEM Parts for Motorcycles, Dirt Bikes, ATVs, and UTVs | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Especially as also mentioned, right up against the intake runners! Though the likely not much heat transfer there relative to the amount of air flow, but still!
5-10hp gain easy getting those hot hoses off of there! If not for the risk of breaking down do it for the performance gains!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
For me, I'd be more inclined to add split loom to protect/insulate it, but would still want to secure it to something at a few points, rather than shorten it and have it bounce around freely.
you would zip tie it , shortening it would get it off the parts. That’s a stiff tube , it won’t bounce around freely at all . Very little movement of it wasn’t zip tied after shortening it .

·
Registered
151 Posts
you would zip tie it , shortening it would get it off the parts. That’s a stiff tube , it won’t bounce around freely at all . Very little movement of it wasn’t zip tied after shortening it .
Of course your technical estimation is more valid than mine, but I stand by mine.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
the small coolant line next to that one is far more likely to leave you stranded
leaving it loose to bounce around can/will break the nipple off the tank
that small line must be tied to keep the pressure off the wimpy plastic nipple on the coolant tank

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After going over the machine a bit more there is a hell of a lot of hoses and wires rubbing on stuff and wearing.

Nothing in immediate danger of failure any time too soon at 4300 miles. But eventually you would have some inconvenient problems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts