Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a very unfortunate experience with Team industries last week. I want to share my experience with everyone in hopes it can save some one from the same outcome. I had over 12k invested in an awesome Can am Maverick setup. Unfortunatly a team clutch was part of my upgrades and after only 100 miles. (Stock clutch lasted 500 miles and was perfect when I did the supposid uprade) The Team industries cluth absolutly exploded and shot a ramp ( with the nut and bolt) through the plastics and stuck in the back of the drivers seat. If it would have been 3" higher this would have gone through the hole in the seat and stabbed me in the neck. Team industries states they only recommend their clutch for stock applications. (interesting as aerocharger includes them with their kit) Team also states that they offer no warrant on their products and it is on the consumer as this is a performance product. I even spoke with Mark the plant manager and he went as far as stating that they dont even have a warranty department. I asked him were the vm for prompt #2 went as it states warranty department on their greeting, he did not have an answer for me. After hours of debating with team industries so called warranty department they will not stand behind their product or do anything for me. When the clutch exploded it took out the motor and several other parts. I am now forced to sell my maverick in pieces due to my trust in team industries. Do your self a favor and spend the extra $ on the STM primary as it could cost you everything if you dont.

Thank you for reading this post

Darren

·
Registered
52 Posts
I posted a few days ago about finding a crack in the spider on my TEAM clutch. - Got the same story from TEAM about high HP situations and that being a problem, but Im stock too.

It's a great performing clutch for a while, but I think I was heading for an explosion too.. Since it now cracked and TEAM wont help out, its a shiny doorstop. I'm pretty sure that thing just cost me $.70 a mile..

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have one of these and now I'm concerned.
It works fine and I have been happy with it, I don't want it coming part on me.
Perhaps someone who sells these(or used to) can chime in to whether this is a large scale problem or what?
I'm no clutch expert, could it be from improper install? Too tight or loose? Weights coming loose?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just took another look at mine and I'm a little ill. What looked like a little crack is actually huge and I really cant believe it hadn't already failed. I'll probably go back out the garage to just stare at it for what will be a 3rd time.

To the OP, I'm really sorry to hear it. I think I was about one good ride away from being where you're at.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I said to hell with aftermarket clutches. Took mine off before something happened like this. Back to stock with a Dalton Clutch Kit from Hunter. Have engine braking back and not worried about with the latest Brp stud update. Mines takes up space now.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Justsomeguy do you happen to have any pics of the cracked spider? Curious where it cracked. Has me nervous on mine now.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Don't get stm. Get the xds clutch parts to upgrade your xrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do we do that? I went to the brp parts section and some of the secondary like the fixed sheeve, the rollers are not available. they dont give a price on a complete primary or the secondary.

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have been running the two turbo clutch parts on my XRS and I'm happy with it . And I know it won't have a spider blow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Are these team clutches that are coming apart on Turbo models or the stock XRS models?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I had a very unfortunate experience with Team industries last week. I want to share my experience with everyone in hopes it can save some one from the same outcome. I had over 12k invested in an awesome Can am Maverick setup. Unfortunatly a team clutch was part of my upgrades and after only 100 miles. (Stock clutch lasted 500 miles and was perfect when I did the supposid uprade) The Team industries cluth absolutly exploded and shot a ramp ( with the nut and bolt) through the plastics and stuck in the back of the drivers seat. If it would have been 3" higher this would have gone through the hole in the seat and stabbed me in the neck. Team industries states they only recommend their clutch for stock applications. (interesting as aerocharger includes them with their kit) Team also states that they offer no warrant on their products and it is on the consumer as this is a performance product. I even spoke with Mark the plant manager and he went as far as stating that they dont even have a warranty department. I asked him were the vm for prompt #2 went as it states warranty department on their greeting, he did not have an answer for me. After hours of debating with team industries so called warranty department they will not stand behind their product or do anything for me. When the clutch exploded it took out the motor and several other parts. I am now forced to sell my maverick in pieces due to my trust in team industries. Do your self a favor and spend the extra $ on the STM primary as it could cost you everything if you dont.

Thank you for reading this post

Darren

Damn sorry to hear this but glad it didn't hit you in the neck......thanks for sharing this as people with that clutch setup should know this.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine was about 75% failed and Im a bone stock Mav Max (no xrs or turbo)
Damn, I was afraid of that. A clutch is the LAST thing we want coming apart when its spinning 8k rpm's.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts