Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the BRP full glass windshield? My buddy says with a full windshield that dust will swirl inside the cab, and the get the windshield dirty on the inside. I'm also worried about getting it dirty all the time and it being a pita to keep clean. I dont want to stop and clean every time something flings up there and I HATE looking through a dirty windsheild, goggles, etc.

What about the emp or utv inc half windshields? I've heard the emp doesn't block enough air and the rubber trim will come off and scratch the plastic. I want something that fits properly and blocks as much wind as possible while still being able to look over it, if I go this route instead of a full shield.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
IMO windshields are a PITA. They will not stay clean without alot of work. Its easier and alot less work to wear goggles.
You only options to not look thru something dirty to always ride in the front of your group or ride alone. niether of which are practicle options

·
Registered
286 Posts
Speaking from my experience a full windshield will get dirty and cause a swirl it helps to have a back window but still will get dirty. The plastic ones are even worse because of the static. The half windshields are good for knocking the wind down and do get dirty but I can look over mine so I like it for summer. If it was really hot out no window is nice. Just my .02cents

·
Registered
400 Posts
I just ordered half EMP from TEAM FAS, service is great, and price was too....have a FULL BRP style now , not so happy with..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone using the utv Inc tinted half windshield? How's the fit and finish?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the utv inc half windshield its not tinted and it helps a lot. it could be a little taller, the wind now instead of hitting me all over only hits me from about the neck up

·
Registered
367 Posts
I hate my full brp windshield.
even with the brp windscreen the cab fills with dust.
the only time I will ever use it again is at night when its just too cold not to.
I reinstalled the 1/3 windshield from EMP...way better...

Reactions: Tbtexas.com

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
For most people, 1/3 windshield is the only way to go. I enjoy mine, and it does the job pros vs. cons.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just ordered the EMP 1/2 or 1/3 whatever you want to call it. Decision made from info on here. Will make my top half from 1/4 in lexan that I picked up for $20 at local glass dealer. Then you don't worry about scratching it, because it was cheap. I had bought 2 other pcs from the same place before to make the windshield on my Teryx.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

·
Registered
367 Posts
Height is 11" at its highest point

1 - 14 of 14 Posts