Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using for ratchet straps to secure their Mavericks to their trailers? I am looking for some new straps, given the weight of the Maverick, I dont feel comfortable using my ATV ratchet straps. I am also looking for a way to lock the Maverick to the trailer to help protect against theft. Sometimes when we ride we got a hotel room and the Mav will be sitting outside on the trailer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
check out trimax.com they have plenty of choices...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I use the 3" yellow car ratchet straps. And also have a 9/16 thick I believe cable with lock I run threw frame bike and trailer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cadillac, do you have any pics of how you route your straps? When I brought mine home I just had atv straps with me and I would feel more comfortable using my 3" straps. Just haven't checked out how to route them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know this is an old post but I am hoping to revive it!!! I am using 25000lb cargo straps out of a transport plane but am having some issues as to where I can place them. I currently have the e-track system installed on the floor and walls in my trailer and LOVED it until it failed recently however it may have been human (father in law) error. I was transporting the Mav the other day in my enclosed trailer but was not going too far so I put my 2 cargo straps on the walls pinning the roll cage between them. The human error comes into play here as I believe my father in law went in and tightened them as much as he could....considering I am using 25000lb straps, that is a A LOT of pull!!! Anyway, when I arrived and opened my trailer I realized the entire e-track system had been completely pulled out of the wall and poked 5 holes about the circumference of your finger within about a 6" radius.

On the back of the machine I have a round hollow tube on what would normally be the hitch location. I tied a strap into a loop from one of the tie downs I had then looped it through the hollow tube but it cut through the strap in no time. Any ideas on great tie down point located around the machine??? What do you guys use???

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I know this is an old post but I am hoping to revive it!!! I am using 25000lb cargo straps out of a transport plane but am having some issues as to where I can place them. I currently have the e-track system installed on the floor and walls in my trailer and LOVED it until it failed recently however it may have been human (father in law) error. I was transporting the Mav the other day in my enclosed trailer but was not going too far so I put my 2 cargo straps on the walls pinning the roll cage between them. The human error comes into play here as I believe my father in law went in and tightened them as much as he could....considering I am using 25000lb straps, that is a A LOT of pull!!! Anyway, when I arrived and opened my trailer I realized the entire e-track system had been completely pulled out of the wall and poked 5 holes about the circumference of your finger within about a 6" radius.

On the back of the machine I have a round hollow tube on what would normally be the hitch location. I tied a strap into a loop from one of the tie downs I had then looped it through the hollow tube but it cut through the strap in no time. Any ideas on great tie down point located around the machine??? What do you guys use???
I cut up old inner tubes from our dirtbikes and run the straps through them anywhere they contact the machine. My straps show no wear or fraying.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I LOVE those!!!! Do you think one would have to tie down all 4 wheels or do you think just the back 2 would work if it was left in park???

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
719 Posts
I usually do on front and one back opposing sides. The machine doesn't move. If you do all 4 the trailer could be completely destroyed and the machine would still be stuck to the floor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
look on the internet for super clamps. they attach to your trailer. you drive your front tires on the front rack. you then secure each rear tire with the clamps. no tie downs, straps, etc. I ride a lot and are quick to use and extremely secure. they cost about $500.00. the company that makes them I believe is in Canada.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts