Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what have u guys came up with thats the best thing to use when removing these awesome warning stickers from the center column , i use rubbing alchy then some dash stuff to protect it, takes sum rubbing tho did just a few have the huge ones still to do, lol

anything u guys found thats easy and dont ruin the black finish or dry it out to much , thx

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its weird usally they pull off of other things good but these leave a sticky film behind maybe it is to cold and i need to heat them up and peel right off?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I found a little heat really helps removing the stickers then I just used and adhesive remover to get the sticky off...

·
Registered
97 Posts
This might sound crazy but I have always used mayonnaise. My grandpa showed it to me one time when I got pine pitch on my hands. I used it on my Commander to get the residue left from the stickers. I aslo used it on my race fourwheeler for the decals. mayo.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
After peeling them off, I used goof off. Worked perfectly and easily removed the residue with no scratches.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Peeled them off, hit them with WD-40. It took me longer to peel all those stickers off, than it did to cut, notch, and weld my harness bar in!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so sounds like wd-40 works good , goo off, and acetone , !

thanks guys ,

by the way i hate mayo will not touch that stuff, lol

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I peeled all of mine off the day I brought it home. Then cleaned up the residue with acetone.
I did the same, but used laquer thinner to clean the glue residue.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yeah...... I call bs on both the sawzall and the Mayonnaise!
No...I'm pretty sure the sawzall would remove the sticker without leaving ANY residue....lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
OHHHHH I have a idea!! AHHH NO THATS RIGHT I DONT EVEN KNOW WERE OR WHAT STICKERS YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!! IM ON THE EAST COAST !!! Im just joking.
But really can it be kraft Mayonnaise! no no im joking again !

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tried the wd-40 2night , well the ol lady did i was rewiring a trailer, it works great easy no complants from her she said she wish she knew about it long time ago , lol :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts