Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
Man, seems like a stretch when mine's loaded up to 20K lbs 馃槼
I still carry a 4 ton floor in the toyhauler
Possibly, but they can be built pretty easily (if you have a welder) as beefy as needed. The nice thing is that you simply wedge under the axle you want to lift, and pull forward a foot or 2. When done, back up.

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

Premium Member
Yep you could definitely modify one of those jacks to work similar as the AMG electric jack to keep costs down. Definitely weld in tabs on all 4 corners for safety. My Can Am is so far off the ground its a must to have locking tabs at all 4 corners. It works great even when in really bad spot when you need to take the tire off as I found out when caliber went threw front wheel. If you have extra money to burn the AMG Jack works great and I am very happy with it.

Registered
Possibly, but they can be built pretty easily (if you have a welder) as beefy as needed. The nice thing is that you simply wedge under the axle you want to lift, and pull forward a foot or 2. When done, back up.
It wouId sure beat the floor jack for ease! I do like the 6X6 as it can be used for many other things. I'm alwasy needing a block for something so it's multi purpose.

Premium Member
It wouId sure beat the floor jack for ease! I do like the 6X6 as it can be used for many other things. I'm alwasy needing a block for something so it's multi purpose.
When I started in the towing industry I did a lot of road side, You know how many tires I had to dig out because owners were ummm not willing to listen LOL once I pulled out the cut down 6X6 they started listening like I knew what I was doing haha made life so much easier

Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3RC Turbo R
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs

Tire Automotive tire Flooring Floor Wheel

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Flooring Floor

I did what Tim had mentioned with an old trailer jack I had sitting around.
Just welded a nut on the top, took a tube with the right size ID and a piece of fencing material from a steel yard and welded it all together. It'll basically pick the car up from wherever I need

21 - 27 of 27 Posts