Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a jack to haul in my enclosed trailer that i can have incase i get a flat on my trailer or x3. Whats everyone store in their trailer or truck? Ill have a 4x4 handy so i can get my x3 off of ground. Wanting something smaller/more convenient.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Best trailer "jack" you can ever need... I have 1 in all 7 of my trailers. lol There are many other variations available, including a lot of plastic ones that are cheaper. This just came to mind first

UTV jack, that's a different story - idk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Best trailer "jack" you can ever need... I have 1 in all 7 of my trailers. lol There are many other variations available, including a lot of plastic ones that are cheaper. This just came to mind first

I am ordering one tonight! Thats PERFECT👌🏻

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
I know I had to pull a wheel off the 44' Cyclone last year and it took all my 220lb body weight with a 4 ton floor jack to pick it up, plus having to do it under the trailer was special.....

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I did more reading on this and it wont work for my trailer (dual axle leaf spring suspension)…showing that its made for torsion axles. Lots of people whining in the reviews about it not being high enough?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I just got a scissor jack that accepts a socket for the input (it came with a cheap ratcheting wrench thing) and I put my impact gun on it. I keep a small piece of wood in my tool bag as well to take up the height slack. It's small and super fast using the impact wrench. Plus you can use the impact wrench for your lugs.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
For trailer 6 ton bottle jack, small and effective, For X3, on board scissors jack. I welded a 1/2" drive socket on the end and keep a rachet with it. I store it under the passenger seat and jack it btween the floor and front cross tube with slight pressure.

·
Administrator
4,633 Posts
I just got a scissor jack that accepts a socket for the input (it came with a cheap ratcheting wrench thing) and I put my impact gun on it. I keep a small piece of wood in my tool bag as well to take up the height slack. It's small and super fast using the impact wrench. Plus you can use the impact wrench for your lugs.
This sounds like the most logical, quickest, compact, and least-expensive (not counting the impact gun) way to roll nowadays. With 22-24" suspension droops on some machines, it makes sense for simply lifting under an A-arm of a single corner for tire replacement or a trail repair on suspension/steering/etc

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,539 Posts
I do basically the same thing with a small scissor jack mounted to my spare tire , but I've been toying with the idea of modifying this trailer jack to accept a socket and then some sort of a tab sticking out to grab under the arm or whatever. Tim

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,593 Posts
See post 3 or just get a 2' length of 6x6 and angle cut it for a ramp to the flat top.
i've used this several times while on the road (6x6 or 4x4 post around 1' long). from a landscape tandem to a triple axle enclosed race car trailer. I now have an impact to help, but i tell you what.. changing a tire on the side of southern highway, with your trailer swaying, waist deep in a ditch, with a tire iron is NO fun. still thankful i didn't find a snake or a tick while i was in that ditch lol

• Haha
Reactions: jknapier and Tmesic

·
Registered
2021 Sport Max
1,593 Posts
I like that idea👍🏻 Gonna find one lying around the job site and make one up.
and you can use the block to put under your jack when you unhook your trailer ;)

·
Registered
2020 X3 X rs Turbo RR
195 Posts
This is by far the easiest to use trailer jack I've ever seen, and will work on single, tandem, triple axle trailers. No moving parts, light and compact: Echo Trailer Jack
If you have a welder, you can make one relatively easy.

·
Premium Member
8,539 Posts
I recently came across a deal on a good garage Jack. It’s a heavy bitch though. Found this for $240 shipped

View attachment 281495
I have that and the pro Eagle.

That Cat is more robust than the Pro Eagle but a little heavy.

I ended up putting the Cat in my toy hauler because it seems heavier duty and my toy hauler is 42 foot.

So far I like it.

Tim

Reactions: Megadesertdiesel

·
Administrator
4,633 Posts
I have that and the pro Eagle.

That Cat is more robust than the Pro Eagle but a little heavy.

I ended up putting the Cat in my toy hauler because it seems heavier duty and my toy hauler is 42 foot.

So far I like it.

Tim
I carry the Pro Eagle in X3 also and use it in our boondocking camps some....also have one of the airbag jacks and prefer it over the Pro Eagle for stability.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts