Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get the most out of my Mav plan on investing in cvtech primary and STM secondary from airdam cvt housing blower kit and looking into cat delete kit and turnkey intake kit not sure yet wanna get most bang for my buck and reliability is my main goal. Thoughts/suggestions on a tuner that would be easy for some one who doesn't know jack shit about tuning but provide all ill need in performance ?

(I have a few friends with mavs some ones gotta be fastest that guy might as well be me lol)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dynojet PCV with auto tune. Doesn't get much easier than that.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Dynojet PCV with auto tune. Doesn't get much easier than that.
X2... you call their tech line.. and they can walk you through everything if need be.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I agree with the above and I was initially gonna go with the same setup until I found out Bazzaz has a controller and auto tune for the Mav. I prefer Bazzaz over PowerCommander. I've installed numerous Bazzaz's on my track bikes and know their software better than the PC stuff. I'll be ordering it next week and hope to have it installed shortly after

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm a Monster Products Fan Boy. Steve's Fuel Monster and Full ECU replacement Tune Monster is the best choice.

But everyone has preferences especially when it comes to things they have run in the past.

I quit using the blinky boxes with pots you turn with a screwdriver and Dynojets unreliable autotune software back in 09' after meeting Steve. To each their own.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Im still waiting on my monster fm tuner with dual auto tune. Its been almost a month. So if your in a hurry on just an impatient [email protected]#k like myself . Im sure either of the others will get to you. Faster.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm a Monster Products Fan Boy. Steve's Fuel Monster and Full ECU replacement Tune Monster is the best choice.

But everyone has preferences especially when it comes to things they have run in the past.

I quit using the blinky boxes with pots you turn with a screwdriver and Dynojets unreliable autotune software back in 09' after meeting Steve. To each their own.
We are using Monster stand alone on our Max Race car...but its not simple by any mean (he asked for simple easy to use solution) and we have been waiting almost 2.5 months for our Monster setup...and its about 3k as well... not what most want to spend. Not familer with Bazzaz so that why I highly recommend the Dynojet.. simple to install and use and very reliable and affordable.

Reactions: BeerManBob

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not going to lie and say its the simplest on the market. It was honestly a little overwhelming at first. It just had so much more info than other companies I had used previously.

After using it though on my Renegade 800r then went to the Gen 2 on my outlander 1000 it was very simple.

I had to wait awhile for the ECU on the Mavs to come out...but not sure what is causing delays on the current products anymore.

As for the affordable part, I believe the PC with Dual autotune is $800, the Fuel Monster with Dual Autotune is actually cheaper.

The Fuel Monster is a different animal than the Stand Alone ECU on your race car, much more simpler version.

I'd recommend you reading up on both then making your selection.

Monster Products :: The Masters of Off Road Fuel Injections

Welcome to Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

Good luck with your purchase and install!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not one person recommended the Dobeck Gen 4? Interesting. With the auto tunes for the PC5, does it always need to be hooked up? Or could you let it do your curves and then take it off? The PC5 with auto tune is what, $800 or so?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not one person recommended the Dobeck Gen 4? Interesting. With the auto tunes for the PC5, does it always need to be hooked up? Or could you let it do your curves and then take it off? The PC5 with auto tune is what, $800 or so?
Yeah PCV with dual autotune is 800, Fuel Monster with Dual autotune is 750.

Problem I have with the Dobeck Gen 4 controller is the lack of dual cylinder tuning. Can Am is known for leaning out the rear versus the front cylinder. I think the best thing about the Dobeck is the fact they use a Bosch O2 Sensor at least. Just never have cared for the overall design and basic tuning features.

PCV to me is the mid grade of the controllers with being able to tune via computer by Dual Cylinder tuning and being able to break down to incremental rpm ranges. Whereas the Fuel Monster can breakdown to a much more precise rpms and uses a computer's processing power to tune on the fly.

Just my .02 though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So I am curious also. Is there a programmer out there that is able to do this (auto tuning)? I talked with bazzaz. They said that it has to be installed then drove for 45min then it has to be downloaded?? And only reads from one 02sensor? I don't have access to a dyno and I want a programmer that reads both exhausts, then will calculate and adjust for it with no user input. Is that possible???

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
So I am curious also. Is there a programmer out there that is able to do this (auto tuning)? I talked with bazzaz. They said that it has to be installed then drove for 45min then it has to be downloaded?? And only reads from one 02sensor? I don't have access to a dyno and I want a programmer that reads both exhausts, then will calculate and adjust for it with no user input. Is that possible???
Yes it's called the PCV with dual channel auto tune. It's been mentioned several times in this thread.

I run the bazzaz with zafm (auto tune) on my track bikes and you don't have to ride for 45 minutes to get the a/f dialed in. If you were building your own custom map I could see it taking that long because you would want to do that on a dyno. But if you start tuning off the map they provide then once you hit a certain tps/rpm value then it will instantly make the fuel trim suggestion. All you do is go out and run it try to run it up through the rpm range and come back and apply the new fuel trims and your done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts