Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody running the UTV inc skid plates? How do they fit and are you satisfied with them? Looking to buy some skids and these seam like they offer same coverage as futv skids for a better price shipped to me, and they are all the way across country!! Vendors feel free to pm me best price shipped for 3/8 umhw to 16159. Will be ordering this week.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think those may be the two most popular ones. Look up Ricochet also

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I like Factory UTV the best. We sell a ton of them and install many. We've been running them for years

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have UTVinc and no issues. I did use the Factory UTV A-arm skids because I liked the coverage better.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I made my own full 3/8 uhmw skids for $300. Just bought a sheet and went to work, I used the factory skids as a starting template and made some modifications to it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Regal plastics. I know they have offices in the south. Just google them and see what comes up

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the Factory UTV from A Reed. So far it is great. It was in the low 40s in my garage when I went to put it on and it was to small. Had to put a big electric heater next to the Mav and blow the heat under to make it go back to normal size. The UHMV will shrink/grow a 1/2" from hot to cold.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
From the pics I've seen, Factory UTV's have alot more covereage/protection. I've ran Factory UTV's skids on multiple machines - always fit great & have superior protection over the rest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
UTV inc was the cheapest I had found so I ordered from them only to find out later they were 2-3 weeks out. They did give me a full refund so I ordered a factory utv set and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I just installed Factory UTV skids. A little more work than I thought, but I'm old and slow. It doesn't look like you can get the CV cover off and back on with these on. Hopefully I won't need new belt on the trail. I am happy with the product.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just installed Factory UTV skids. A little more work than I thought, but I'm old and slow. It doesn't look like you can get the CV cover off and back on with these on. Hopefully I won't need new belt on the trail. I am happy with the product.
UTVINC doesnt have the factory holes for the CVT cover bolts either. Nothing a hole saw and a couple minutes didnt fix. I just layed the factory skid on top for a template and drilled away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts