Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the whole forum posting thing but have been reading that there are several sport low kits. So here is my question which one is the best for plug and play? I would prefer the switch less style. Also read how voltage drop has caused codes to set in some cases. Just like to fine one and done. Any advice would be helpfull thanks

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
articbomb plug in and done 5 minutes no switch needed u can get the one with switch to

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have articbombs. will be selling it . I am getting ecu reflashed and won't need it pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Benzo I have seen them just wanted to do some home work befor ordering. Have seen info about codes getting set with low or high voltage issues.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I heard that also and was worried but plugged it it from under it drop the skid plate super easy , no codes worked perfect 1st time, he might have fixed his boards or the early mav's were just having a problem , but he will send u out a new one asap if anything is wrong with urs and hes a vendor here ,

Reactions: Goose2

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I have Wickedcummins guy sport low and it works great. No issues. I don't think there has been any reported issues yet with his sport low and he seems to have the lowest price too.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yea, I checked his page too. I agree with you. Don't appreciate rape pricing. I understand you're not going to manufacture a product for peanuts but some sxs products are just unreasonably priced.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks mi Mav I saw his on here also but was wondering about the ban thing also. This will be my next purchase cause I never want to drive in low cause if feels like a totally different machine. The steep trails here I need the low gear or smoke the belt.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If I had to guess on the ban. I wouldn't be surprised that someone tattle tailed on him for possibly promoting "his guy's" product. If you do some searching on wickedcummins you will understand the story. I don't want to open up another can of worms. I understand that some supporting vendors don't appreciate wickedcummins promoting "his guy's" product.

Aside from all that mumbo jumbo, his sports low is high quality and the best value for your dollar by far IMHO. He also offers lifetime warranty but like I said I haven't heard of any issues with his sports low. I also like how easy it is to remove if I need to take it in for warranty. What I also remember too is that if it does fail the gadget is supposed to default back to stock function. I don't know if that is true only that he said that's how his gadget is designed to fail.

If youre interested, I can dig up his contact info and pm you.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Youre right. He is selling it on ebay now selling it for $115. Still the cheapest but I am sure you can get it for much cheaper.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Arcticbomb switchless has worked perfect in mine. Top shelf customer service too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
articbombs works perfect for me. i looked at both wicked and articbombs. wickeds is by far more advanced, but i was worried about the what if factor. since i plan on having the maverick for a long time. down the road a couple years. if something happens to it with wickeds if he isn't still around i'm screwed. articbombs i can fix if i had to. so i went with simplicity. i think either way you can't go wrong. and i'm sure you will love the results.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Arcticbomb, installed mine, been flawless. Simple, easy install.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys I did get a contact email. Going to pick up something hopefully before next ride.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have wickedcummins guy sport low as well. I have no worries guy responds to emails within minutes! Had my machine buried in mud for hours when I was stuck and no issues with it. The first one he sent me was damaged by usps and he overnighted me a new one and didn't even ask for the broken one back or pictures of it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts