Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a MT 2020 with a full cab and im looking for a soundsystem. Ideally a soundbar or those that fit on the roof or behind me. Any tips ond choosing a soundsystem? What to look for and what to avoid?

·
Premium Member
12,684 Posts
Rugged Radio intercom / iPod.

Reactions: Tmesic

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
No one wants to hear your music is the thing. You just want something g to say “hey look at me.. look look.” Be respectful to others. Utv riders are getting a bad rep from people riding through town blasting music no one wants to hear. I get it you’re young but think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Can Am Maverick Trail 1000
18 Posts
No one wants to hear your music is the thing. You just want something g to say “hey look at me.. look look.” Be respectful to others. Utv riders are getting a bad rep from people riding through town blasting music no one wants to hear. I get it you’re young but think about it.

AGREE !

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Not just town but on the trails we share with others, hiking, biking and a plethora of other uses.

It is considered noise pollution and eventually will be regulated and that will not be good for us.

The helmet speakers or headset speakers are a great way to be able to listen to music and not draw unwanted attention to SXS 's. Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I dont think u understand. Culture is different here and almost everyone from 16-18 rides around in one and noones bothered by it. Im not asking if anyone wants to listen to my music, the question was which soundsystem is best

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bazooka BPB36-G2 Party Bar
w a subwoofer and amp - about 1200.00 total
Sounds awesome

·
Registered
2021 XRS RR w/ SmartShox
33 Posts
@aaaleksss
The crowd here on this forum really seems to push the rugged radio thing on everyone. But that just isn’t the type of thing everyone wants. If it works great for them, awesome. But it’s not my thing either. I imagine a lot of the rugged radio folks are older people (no offense to anyone, I’m 40). When I think rugged radio, I think “get off my lawn” while shaking a fist in the air. Anyway, if you want a decent sound bar, take a look at the Power Bass XL 1000 or 1200. They have great reviews. Seems to be extremely loud (if you need them to be) and are just under your budget. You can get a good deal on eBay, but be sure to read the fine print in the description to make sure it’s not a refurbished unit.

·
Registered
786 Posts
@aaaleksss
The crowd here on this forum really seems to push the rugged radio thing on everyone. But that just isn’t the type of thing everyone wants. If it works great for them, awesome. But it’s not my thing either. I imagine a lot of the rugged radio folks are older people (no offense to anyone, I’m 40). When I think rugged radio, I think “get off my lawn” while shaking a fist in the air. Anyway, if you want a decent sound bar, take a look at the Power Bass XL 1000 or 1200. They have great reviews. Seems to be extremely loud (if you need them to be) and are just under your budget. You can get a good deal on eBay, but be sure to read the fine print in the description to make sure it’s not a refurbished unit.
I enjoy the old fashion way of listening to music without ear buds, or a head set, but do see how headsets could come into play. I went with full sound system, and I am having that PCI Race Radios Trax Plus Ultimate Kenwood stuffed out of sight in the glove box if they can make it fit in there. I don't plan to use that PCI radio much, but I do feel it will come into play at some point in time out riding with others. I don't have a clue what the PCI radio sound quality is or what the package cost. I only added it to be able to communicate if out riding in a group or for an extra emergency help line.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
I dont think u understand. Culture is different here and almost everyone from 16-18 rides around in one and noones bothered by it. Im not asking if anyone wants to listen to my music, the question was which soundsystem is best
At least you’re in Norway . Kids these days.......

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the swamp donkey setup and really like it. Sony single din head unit and 4 kicker 6.5’s. Gets plenty loud and has an am/fm antenna.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Welcome from NW Oregon!

Hard to get any good "packaged" sound for $1000, now if you're into building your own set up with an amp, dual/quad speakers and a sub (build your own enclosure) you might be able to get close. A cheap way to get a better spectrum is to add an EQ and of course you need a crossover system.

Nothing wrong with music as long you are respectful and keep to those who enjoy what you enjoy.
I love music, but 99% of the time I would rather not hear anyone else's.

·
Vendor
57 Posts
XL1200 from Powerbass has decent reviews, but all sound bars will lack the depth and bass an actual system will provide. we have a max in here with the rockford fosgate stage 5 and a XL powerbass and another car with a MTX bar and there is no comparision between the three. for the money, id say the powerbass is what your looking for ($700~USD)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.