Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have definitely been using the search and reading up on snorkels and it seems that most people are building them but some people have used the SnorkelyourATV kit with mixed reviews.

I would prefer an SYA kit over building one as I like the look of the stacks coming out, I think they look neat and tidy but some reviews I read said that some of it ran too close to the exhaust and melted through the pipe. Is this still a problem or did they fix it? Does anyone else have any other issues with it? Anyone that had no issues?

Also is there anyone else making a snorkel kit I should look at as well?

Thanks

·
Registered
579 Posts
I used syatv kit on mine but had to custom everything except the stacks.You can buy all the parts for probably hundred bucks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used syatv kit on mine but had to custom everything except the stacks.You can buy all the parts for probably hundred bucks.
Why did you have to custom build it? Their kit didnt fit or was weak or what was the issue?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
579 Posts
The way there kit tied in to the clutch housing exhaust was horrible,but I tried it didn't last 30 miles.warped pvc and melted pvc buy the exhaust,And I insulated it the best I could.I made aluminum tube from clutch housing to rear of machine then high temp 3 inch silicone tube up to a riser. 1459103710564.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well that's no good. Im not able to make an aluminum tube to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice idea. Good results now ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do You have the Turbo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts