Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CanAm Maverick Sport 1000R
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing something to protect the inevitable, and that is when I side smash a rock or something of that nature, any help?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nothing available except the Canam offerings as far as i know.
Wish someone would make some cooler options.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing available except the Canam offerings as far as i know.
Wish someone would make some cooler options.
Well as far as color options go mine is triple black, however some aftermarkets would be nice can-am price through the roof for accessories.

·
Registered
404 Posts
on the can am sight they have a set by dragonfire that are really nice and were the ones i wanted. may end up being the ones i should have bought. but i got a deal on a set of the cam am ones that i couldn't pass up. have yet to install them so time will tell. unless you get some kind of deal, these seem really good. in a later post, dirdawg said his has taken a real beating and held up well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does the Sport and the Trail take the same CanAm rock slider?
There the same.

Ive been contemplating the canam sliders but cant find any good reviews on how they perform. Some guys around here have the dragon fire ones but the metal plate on them doesn’t take that good of a beating and deforms easily.
Don't care for the looks of the lonestar option. Not sure how they perform.

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,139 Posts
This topic was thoroughly discussed (and shown) 2+ yrs ago before introduction of MavS variants here:
2018 Maverick Trail - rock slider alternatives

IMO, that thread topic is just as relevant today as it was then since chassis are common between MavT and MavS (with exception of 4-door Max models). At currently prox 3450 miles with another 100 planned today I remain satisfied with the Dragonfire rock bars and would choose those again. I've been using those bars in combo with the complete set of Can-Am's HD UHMW poly skids for most of those miles. I did need to lightly soften the edges of Can-Am accessory plastic fender flares (standard on MavS but not MavT) with a heat gun while the bars were torqued into position due to slight interference fit at the leading edge which was an easy and quick solution.

As to the Factory UTV skids linked above, their kit for MavT evolved subsequent to that 2018 forum discussion. Purchased and installed as complete set (including the $200 sliders) should be an effective alternative to what I chose with very limited aftermarket options offered back then.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This topic was thoroughly discussed (and shown) 2+ yrs ago before introduction of MavS variants here:
2018 Maverick Trail - rock slider alternatives

IMO, that thread topic is just as relevant today as it was then since chassis are common between MavT and MavS (with exception of 4-door Max models). At currently prox 3450 miles with another 100 planned today I remain satisfied with the Dragonfire rock bars and would choose those again. I've been using those bars in combo with the complete set of Can-Am's HD UHMW poly skids for most of those miles. I did need to lightly soften the edges of Can-Am accessory plastic fender flares (standard on MavS but not MavT) with a heat gun while the bars were torqued into position due to slight interference fit at the leading edge which was an easy and quick solution.

As to the Factory UTV skids linked above, their kit for MavT evolved subsequent to that 2018 forum discussion. Purchased and installed as complete set (including the $200 sliders) should be an effective alternative to what I chose with very limited aftermarket options offered back then.
I'll give it a look thanks for adding the thread, I've read up on the dragonfires, they seem to hold up really well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts