Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello first post here, I have read thru this entire forum about rear storage options for my X3. I settled with a 23 Gal cargo box, but quickly noticed how big and bulky it is and I have absolutely no rear visibilty (I do have rear view mirrors). and I can't really mount a spare with this box. I really like the look of the 12 gal box, but it has too many negative reviews (too small). I also saw the Plano bow case, which fits the X3 perfect. I am about to buy that one because its much lower at 8 inches. does anyone own a Plano and willing to share how it holds up? what would you recommend for a minimalist look. Ryfab is out of my budget definitely...

Wheel Sky Tire Flag Vehicle

·
Official Site Vendor
8,753 Posts
Look at this one.

·
Administrator
4,037 Posts
Welcome!

We have the Plano bow case.. it packs more than I thought it would and keeps 99% of moisture out. Very happy with it. One minor downfall of it is the lid and body right next to the intercooler/fan area is slightly distorted from heat.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Welcome! I have a Plano also, works great! Doesn't block the view at all. I made it so i can remove and install it without any tools. plenty of room for what I use it for.

·
Registered
2021 Max X XRS RR SmartShox
21 Posts
I bought the larger Plano bow case I believe 10" tall and the only complaint I have is that it doesn't fully open because the bow case hinge is at the halfway and it tends to bump on the housing not allowing it to completely open. I did end up getting rubber spacers which so far seems to be helping a lot.

Not sure if it's even an issue with the smaller bow case.

·
Premium Member
14,637 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome from PNW. I have the can am box and works perfect for my needs
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Car Hood Automotive battery Motor vehicle Bumper

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

, low profile. Before the S&B I had a rear view mirror and could see out the back. Holds the essentials and allows for shocks to be rotated in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from PNW. I have the can am box and works perfect for my needs View attachment 275657
View attachment 275659
View attachment 275658
, low profile. Before the S&B I had a rear view mirror and could see out the back. Holds the essentials and allows for shocks to be rotated in.
looks very clean, that was my first option to be honest. is there any space in front for it? looks like its almost touching the SB air intake? is there anyway to carry a spare with your setup?

·
Registered
73 Posts
looks very clean, that was my first option to be honest. is there any space in front for it? looks like its almost touching the SB air intake? is there anyway to carry a spare with your setup?
You are correct, butts right up to the intake housing so no room between the box and the intake. No room for spare, I have kicked around the idea of fabricating a Baja style carrier with storage but that is still just rattling around in my head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are correct, butts right up to the intake housing so no room between the box and the intake. No room for spare, I have kicked around the idea of fabricating a Baja style carrier with storage but that is still just rattling around in my head.
do you have a piece of aluminum underneath it? I have read that it gets pretty warm in that area but have never actually seen the metal piece under the box.

·
Administrator
4,037 Posts
@OnboardPants hey I can't PM you or comment on your thread, I am interested in your LinQ box.
The site has restrictions on new members using all Classifieds.. FS/WTB items, and PM/Conversations to help protect our membership from unwanted scammers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The site has restrictions on new members using all Classifieds.. FS/WTB items, and PM/Conversations to help protect our membership from unwanted scammers.

🤭 (y) sounds good

·
Registered
73 Posts
do you have a piece of aluminum underneath it? I have read that it gets pretty warm in that area but have never actually seen the metal piece under the box.
Not aluminum but do have a heat shield. It has a piece of Thermo Tec Heat and Sound Suppressor under it. Seems to work well, I have carried bottles of water and cans of.....soda in there and they were not warm when I drank them.
Water Grey Rectangle Tints and shades Asphalt

·
Registered
2022 X3 MAX X RS RR w/SS (WAITING)
26 Posts
hello first post here, I have read thru this entire forum about rear storage options for my X3. I settled with a 23 Gal cargo box, but quickly noticed how big and bulky it is and I have absolutely no rear visibilty (I do have rear view mirrors). and I can't really mount a spare with this box. I really like the look of the 12 gal box, but it has too many negative reviews (too small). I also saw the Plano bow case, which fits the X3 perfect. I am about to buy that one because its much lower at 8 inches. does anyone own a Plano and willing to share how it holds up? what would you recommend for a minimalist look. Ryfab is out of my budget definitely...

View attachment 275554
Wow that's HUGE.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts