Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Please do a search on this subject; lots of good info to be had that's been previously discussed.....

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
X3, but I prefer the OEM belts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
OEM belt

and 90% of the time if a belt blows prematurely it either was driver error or belt wasn't broke in properly

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have tried three different ones.. keep in mind that there is no scientific data and this includes what I had on my commander ad well.. stock, epi, and gates. The two longest lasting belts were stock and gates...The epi only lasted 2/3 the time of the other two. Just my 2 cents.. hope this helps..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Megathumper

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have been running a Gates C12 and have no complaints. At almost half the price of OEM it was a no brainer for me......I think the OEM is the best belt you can buy but I am not going to spend 2X to get one when the Gates works just as well...

Reactions: Megathumper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi..1st time on this sight...i just blew or should i say shredded my belt n blow a hole in my cover with only about 400 miles on my machine....i have never had a belt issue on past machines....ie Polaris n Kawasaki....is this a common issue for can am..thx in advance

·
Registered
129 Posts
I blew the factory belt on my xmr at 55 miles and 22 hours. Now I replaced it with a gates c12 and I have 47 hours and about 300 miles no issues. Very happy with the belt.

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Gates c12 belt had over 1000 miles until I blew it at the dunes a couple weeks ago.

2014 XRS, 15" MSA Rims, 29" Rocktanes, Dragonfire Doors, Custom Graphics, Custom Hood and Inner Fenders by myself, Custom rear bumper, rock sliders, spare tire mount, and rotopax holder, Rugged Intercom, Airdam Primary clutch, custom full windshield, Pro Armour top, rear window, custom dash plate and radio mount.

Let the good times roll!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts