Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys where did you get your HID kits from? I'm running a kit from HID Nation right now and I've had a terrible time with them going out all the time. I have also had terrible experiences with DDM tuning bulbs not fitting well (loose). I bought better bulbs from The Retrofit source and they have been great but the ballast I'm running from HID Nation suck. so who has a set that they have had good luck with and where did you get them?

a little disclaimer i am running a 40" baja designs light bar so my HID's don't do much but it drives me nuts having headlights out all the time.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Mine are just cheapies from eBay. They work great. Well, I did have one ballest go out. I just ordered a replacement rather then dealing with the warranty. I did have to use a crescent wrench on the bulbs to get them to lock in place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
DDM Tuning
I've ran them on all my vehicles & on all my sxs's.
Can't beat the price.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
not to get off topic --

but do these use more less or equal to the amount of amp draw the stock halogens use? I have a full set of these I used in my commander, but everytime I turned them on my light bar would flicker for a second and my stereo would do the same. For that reason I didn't install in my maverick and I rarely use my headlights, just always my 40" light bar.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The 55 W HID uses the same amount of power as a 55 W halogen. Although from what I've read before, the H ID uses 55 W at start up, and then once it gets warmed up it will use a little bit less power. This what I've read, I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The link Desertdog posted are the HIDs that I used to sell. That's actually my ebay account. I still have several sets of these left if anyone wants them. It's all 4 lights, 2 35 Watt and 2 55 Watt.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The link Desertdog posted are the HIDs that I used to sell. That's actually my ebay account. I still have several sets of these left if anyone wants them. It's all 4 lights, 2 35 Watt and 2 55 Watt.
Holy smokes....you have sold a lot of those! Is that your pretty face in your eBay listing :saint:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha....

·
Registered
338 Posts
The 55 W HID uses the same amount of power as a 55 W halogen. Although from what I've read before, the H ID uses 55 W at start up, and then once it gets warmed up it will use a little bit less power. This what I've read, I don't know for sure.
You are correct Sr.uses 55 w on start up.I I would also look at slim ballast HID it's a lot smaller ballast easier to hide

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
My ballast are hose clamped to the frame close by the lights. I put pictures on the forum somewhere in the past of my set up.
Thanks man. I'm just hoping that they are tough enough to be out there in the elements. I imagine some dielectric grease on all of the connections is a must. I ride in some pretty nasty places, and they will wind up covered in mud and water every trip.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts