Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so what are your thoughts what is the best full windshield at the moment? and where is the best place to buy one?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bought mine from Dealer (BRP) nice to install great quality as far as mounts. Went to Carolina adventure World in SC last weekend, of course a little bit of mud and spray on it, never touched it until I got back to the campground and used a water hose to wash off and then a clean t-shirt. Did that twice, very careful not to scratch. Got back home and pressure washed everything good. Very disappointed with scratches on it now. Going with half W/S now , very hard to see out of it when it gets dirty.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Do not buy the non ploy-coated one from BRP. I have it and after one ride its scratched all to hell and back, almost to the point that its hard to see out of. I know the poly-coated one is very pricey but I think its worth it if it lasts more than 1 effin ride.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do not buy the non ploy-coated one from BRP. I have it and after one ride its scratched all to hell and back, almost to the point that its hard to see out of. I know the poly-coated one is very pricey but I think its worth it if it lasts more than 1 effin ride.
a friend of mine bought the EMP windshield for his RZR-S and he had the same problem I polished it for two hours the other night just to get it usable (to be clear this was not the hard coated). that's exactly what i want to avoid.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Glass would be a really bad idea. Dangerous even if its tempered amd shatter proof. Theres just too much debris flying around. Your front tires will actually throw things forward that u end up driving into. Plus id think that it would also be really expensive. I think the best bet it the hard coated plexi glass from brp. Its like 550 but im sure it'll last a good long time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer I go through will sell the hard coated one for $475

·
Registered
806 Posts
Buy a peice of lexan and cut it out to fit your hood grooves.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hard coated? And price?

201 Posts
The full hard coated windshield will be similar to this and the price will be the same. Members can save 10% using the coupon code "maverick forums" when checking out.

It will be similar to this:
Extreme Metal Products, LLC

·
Registered
88 Posts
maverick with window.jpg

I just put this one on today. It was made by Asylum Hardware, Outdoor Accessories It is hard coated and well built. Price was good too. I also got the soft top from him as well. They make good products. If you don't see what you want on the website, just call. He can make just about anything you need.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
448 Posts
You could try PJ at Custom Aftermarket UTV Performance Parts & Service . He has built custom windshields for people in the past. I will tell you that once you own a glass windshield you will never go back to plastic. I had an MR10 on my XP and went glass because of issues keeping it clean.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got my full glass windshield from RyFab yesterday and it is awsome, bottom tilts up for air flow and has a wiper and no matter how dirty it gets you can wipe it off and not scratch it. Best money Ive spent so far, awsome product and Gail at RyFab is great to deal with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got my full glass windshield from RyFab yesterday and it is awsome, bottom tilts up for air flow and has a wiper and no matter how dirty it gets you can wipe it off and not scratch it. Best money Ive spent so far, awsome product and Gail at RyFab is great to deal with.
How about a picture installed , as I can't find one on their site . Thanks Steve

1 - 20 of 22 Posts