Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up my 2013 base Maverick this weekend and got a deal on doors installed so those are done. Other than that it is all stock. XMAS bonus is coming up so I plan to use some of it towards mods. So with a $1,000 budget what would you get done? I will be primarily trail riding in northern WI, so muddy, rocky trails, no dunes other than maybe once a year to the Badlands Off-Road park in IN. Looking for thoughts, I know $1,000 isn't much for some but for me its what I can do right now. I will be getting a rear receiver/hitch so that's about $60, so $940 to go!

·
Registered
806 Posts
clutch

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
tie rods , front gusset kit , harnesses , roof , hitch , led light bar if u got out at night at all ! $375 40'' totron !

clutch can wait after ur warranty is up , if ur not hard core racer or rider

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the clutch that horrible, also aren't they way over 1k? I do have a 3 year warranty and do not want to purposely do a mod that will void it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Is the clutch that horrible, also aren't they way over 1k? I do have a 3 year warranty and do not want to purposely do a mod that will void it.
clutch wont void your warranty

aftermarket warranty don't cover clutch

I think all maverick cvt warranty's are 1 year I know the 2013's are

with the new clutch recall stud there isn't anymore major problems with the primarys over tq'in the bolt and breaking it , the only thing we need to worry about now is the secondary bolt backing out , but install bolt with loc tite and tighten right u should see no problems

the other good thing about the aftermarket clutches is there able to put more power to the wheels

u can get a airdam or qsc for 750-875 for just primary

or qsc/stm for 1500

or rage 6 stm/stm for 2000

or stm/stm rage 3 1600 I think

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Do the tie rods, harnesses and harness bar and some mirrors (safety 1st). Then is you can afford other stuff like a light...

·
Registered
232 Posts
The clutch is not that horrible IMHO, I have 800 miles on the stock clutch. None of it easy miles. Others have grenaded it on first ride.

My vote is harness bar, harness, tie rods and half windshield seeing as your are in the land of cold. Depending on how thrifty you are, you might have $$ left for a decent light. Look around and search. Plenty of good vendors on here. But as always, eBay will be your friend for common stuff. Here is another hint, look at the signature below guys that post alot, they usually have all their mods listed.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
don't worry about a clutch, there ok now, for the riding type YOU STATED, its not anything to worry about. spare tire/rim, roof, tie rods, things in that area. just make sure all recalls are done.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Half windshield,,Roof,tie rods,

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
contact Alex (AREED) at CT Racing for tie rods, gussets and a skid plate. Get a sport low mod from Rob (ARCTICBOMB). And get a harness bar and 4 or 5 point harnesses....several vendors sell them at good prices (Devious Powersports, Team FAS Motorsports, etc...) That should just about spend all of your money :money:

·
Banned
546 Posts
exhaust for sure

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do your research on sport low some are better then others..I go with CT front gusset kit and tie rods..harness bar and belts...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would do a harness bar with 5 points and then tie rods. I never bent mine, but it is one of those things that can leave you stranded if they fail on the trail. Next up I would consider picking up a set of used XRS 2.5 shocks. All the power in the world is useless if you can't control it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Clutch clutch clutch! I store my bike at the dealer after EVERY time I ride it, while it's there after EVERY time I ride it they operate on my clutch then give it back to me. And so the cycle remains, I pick it up on Friday the 13th to take it to have new STM clutches installed, **** the warranty, it means nothing if you can't ride it. Tie rods were gone first ride. These are the only two issues I've had, DO THE CLUTCH!, you won't regret it. Btw the recall was done "twice" on mine and it's still in there for the secondary bolt.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hope I'm not jinxing myself, or my friends with Mavs, but none if us have had any clutch issues so far. I've got over 400 miles on my Max and I think it feels and works great. It feels every bit as good as my RZR clutch did and it's actually a little smoother upon initial engagement. Seems like those with clutch issues area small (but vocal) minority. Also, there's, way more post of people on here who can't get their expensive aftermarket clutches to perform as well as their factory clutches. Sounds like it comes down to "do you wanna screw with it or go ride".

So, my vote would be Sport Low, tie rods, harnesses and doors with the first grand.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with most people. Safety items first. Tierods, 5 pt harness', top, sport low mode, Gusset kit and then just a primary clutch if you can squeeze it in your budget. Maybe you can make your own top and weld in your own Harness bar to save some money,then you can get primary.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Aftermarket clutch is not a must have for the trail rider with stock size tires .. We had a big ride and two mavericks blew their primaries and both had aftermarket clutches .. 3300 Miles on my stock clutch with no problems. I would do chassis braces, top, 1/2 windshield, tie rods and a light bar

·
Registered
461 Posts
Gusset kit $150
Tie rods $80
40" totron $375
Tusk storage bag $125
Extra belt $165
Case of beer $25
Bottle of Jim Beam $25

=$945

Sorry dude u are $5 over budget.