Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around a bit online, and have found a few leftover '13 xrs models for around 14k + tax and all of the hidden fees Im sure they will try to sneak in.

Just to have a little bit more information on my side when it comes to trying to get the best possible deal worked out, what have you guys been paying or seeing advertised for leftover '13 xrs models OTD?

I much prefer the looks of the '14 white base model, but if I can save a few thousand bucks and get the added options of a '13 xrs, I may have to go that route.

Thanks,

Kyle

p.s. if I end up getting one, this will be my first can am product...I've had 2 RZR's in the past, and still have a couple of built Yamaha Raptors...so Im hoping the maverick lives up to the hype. Im excited to move on to a new brand.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ur headed in the right direction can am is quality ur gonna luv it

·
Registered
67 Posts
I paid 14100 otd for my 13 base model in december

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you can see by my recent posts.
Michigan you are looking at 13,399 + tax and warranty on base Model 13, so 14,202 + warranty Every dealer I've been dealing with throws a different # on warranty.
I decided on 2014 White Base Model for 15,600 with 3 year.
I like the white also that its a newer year.
Trying to get info on updated clutch cover dates.
Should pick it up in the next couple days . will post pics

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Keep in mind, a lot of us were paying $19K just a year ago! What are you waiting on?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just heard back from a semi-local dealer with one in stock...price before taxes and fees is $13,998. OTD price is $15,855.88. This is for a new '13 XRS model.

MI sales tax is 6%, so based on $13,998...that puts me at $14,837.88. So that's $1018 in "freight, dealer prep, final inspection and documentation fees" according to the email response from the salesman. Seem a bit high to anybody else? I don't think I paid that much in hidden fees for my 50k truck. I wonder if those fees are set in stone, or if they have room to negotiate there...?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I paid 14,400 OTD for an XRS. No way in hell I would pay over a grand in dealer fees

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Your best price on a 13' model will greatly depend on your negotiating skills!!
Either way you go, you should be much happy with the Can-am.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In kansas if u sign a paper that u use it for farming all u have to have is 10 acres land u dont pay tax thats what i did and they waveied all the fees on it

Reactions: Langford

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sent a reply back stating that I was having a hard time with the $1000+ in fees....their response:

"Kyle,Sorry I should have broken out all the fees the first time. Here we go.

$13,988 for the Maverick
$650.00 to cover the freight
$250.00 for dealer assembly, prep, fluids, and final inspection.
$ 49.00 Documentation fee.
$ 896.22 for Michigan Sales Tax
$ 11.00 Michigan Registration fee.

$ 15,844.00 Total out the door."

I responded with "from my experience, those "fees" are usually negotiable...if they are willing to split those fees with me to move their last '13 model, I will pick it up this weekend".

We'll see what they say...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up a 2013 XRS that was at my local dealer on consignment for $16,000. That is in canadian bucks, so take that into consideration. The '14's are just shy of $21000 new here. Only had to pay taxes, the freight, PDI etc. was already taken care of my the previous owner.

P.S. It only has 25 miles on it, so it's practically new.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here in WV the freight is $650 and set up was $350, but I got them to waive those. I am looking at 17,100 plus 5% sales tax for a 2014 XRS DPS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got another reply back....

"Kyle,

While yes I would agree that most things are negotiable. When there is no profit left in the unit price, those dealer fees are used to offset real hard costs that we have. We must pay shipping to get the unit here, we must pay our prep staff to assemble the unit, prep with fluids, fill with gas etc.
I would love to earn your business, but I can not split those costs with you. If we want to continue to grow our business, we can't sell units at a loss.

I can offer you a 12% discount on any accessories and parts you buy for one year.

Let me know."

What he said makes sense...not sure I buy that those are their actual fees without any markup though. I'm going to kick the idea around, it's still a good deal...but a little more than I was hoping to pay at this minute. The problem is, if I wait much longer to set more cash aside, all of the '13 models will be sold and I will have to pay a lot more for a '14. Ahh...decisions decisions.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would not believe him. He is trying to increase his margin by charging freight and prep fees. Those are normal costs of doing business that are part of his overhead. You have already offered to split the costs with him and he gave you that response. Now you need to act like thats just not good enough. They will not offer you the best rock bottom deal until you tell them you'll buy somewhere else and walk away.

Reactions: Langford

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks desertdog, that's my line of thinking also. I'll let my offer stand, if they accept...great, if not...I'll keep shopping around.

The good news is that I just found another dealer that also has a '13 xrs on the showroom floor, and they are half the distance from my house (1 hour drive vs 2 to the original one I found). I bought a leftover '07 Raptor 700 from this dealership for a nice discount off of MSRP back in 2008...so I hoping that fact, along with playing them against the original dealer will allow me to make a better deal. I'll know tomorrow when they get back with me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What about price on warranty. The pomo that can am is running right now is $500 for a three year. read the fine print
I've been bouncing around between 4 different dealers this last week. Going with white 2014 base model for little more money.
If i had money falling out my A$$, I would just buy the Maverick X rs DPS. But not the case .
Good luck, once you pull the trigger your buying nightmare will be over for now.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The buying nightmare actually starts after you buy the Maverick. Keep reading about all the aftermarket products on this forum and you will bleed money. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts