Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Love my coleman... only decent black cooler i could find.

IMG_20140419_172341.jpg

Reactions: Bigfella

·
Registered
189 Posts
As long as it has beer ,and ice in it I am good with it .

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Pictures aren't the best but I have dual coolers. They work perfect, it's just the marine coolers from igloo. I have the BRP bag in the center that stores my tools, tow tools etc.

Reactions: Usa450r

·
Registered
378 Posts
My setup is two piece with the intentions of being quite a bit less conspicuous rather than just throwing an old orange igloo on the back and "lets go drinkin and drivin!".

The first piece is a flat bag that will hold 5-6 cans on each corner depending on the amount of ice that will be required. The middle section carries a spare belt, tool roll, first aid kit, Maglite, TP, spare clothes for when the temps dip at night, towels and various gloves, hats and goggles. It's also a good place to throw some snacks.

The second part is a Polar Bear soft sided cooler that I picked up off of Amazon which fits perfectly in the middle of the big bag. The Polar Bear holds a case of my favorite refreshments along with a 1.5 bags of ice. It will hold ice for 24 hrs in the summer after I installed a heat shield under the bed. While it looks tall in the pic, it actually folds down about 6" when zipped closed and cinched down.

today 087.JPG
fg 042.JPG

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bungees hold it down great... latch broke on first ride. latch handle is steel and all the guts of the latch were plastic garbage. After it fell apart I just drilled two holes on each side of the lid handle and secure lid down wieh bungees. so far so good.

You can buy these coleman coolers at Coleman 54 Quart Metal Steel Belted Cooler Matte Black | eBay

info on it: PRO SPORT SA

I bought mine at Meijer here in Michigan for $99 but can only find it on e-bay now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WVXRS, how are your igloos held down? Can't tell from the pics. My little cooler flew open and emptied all my ice cold beer on a rough patch. Went to Lowes and bought the dual action hasp and $1 carbiner. Hard lesson learned. ;>(

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
WVXRS, how are your igloos held down? Can't tell from the pics. My little cooler flew open and emptied all my ice cold beer on a rough patch. Went to Lowes and bought the dual action hasp and $1 carbiner. Hard lesson learned. ;>(
The same thing happened to me. My boy had a life jacket he grew out of so I cut the buckles off it and mounted one on each cooler. Works perfect.

The cooler itself is actually held in place with a 22" rubber bungee. The igloo's have a little eyelet on each side by the handle. So the bungee wraps from one eyelet under the rack and into the other eyelet. Then the life jacket buckles keep lids on. It's great and easy to access. The poor guys that have to fight a ratchet strap every stop are missing out. Of course the life jacket buckles match the rest of my color scheme! :)

I don't have a good pic, but you can kind of see it in this one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
image.jpg 3/8" .065 Stainless steel tubing. Rack fits extremely right into the indention cast in the icechest. I have snaps tied to the rack with 1/8 ss cables that latch the chest into place incase of a tip overs

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
My setup is two piece with the intentions of being quite a bit less conspicuous rather than just throwing an old orange igloo on the back and "lets go drinkin and drivin!".

The first piece is a flat bag that will hold 5-6 cans on each corner depending on the amount of ice that will be required. The middle section carries a spare belt, tool roll, first aid kit, Maglite, TP, spare clothes for when the temps dip at night, towels and various gloves, hats and goggles. It's also a good place to throw some snacks.

The second part is a Polar Bear soft sided cooler that I picked up off of Amazon which fits perfectly in the middle of the big bag. The Polar Bear holds a case of my favorite refreshments along with a 1.5 bags of ice. It will hold ice for 24 hrs in the summer after I installed a heat shield under the bed. While it looks tall in the pic, it actually folds down about 6" when zipped closed and cinched down.

View attachment 19070
View attachment 19071
I like this. Where did you get this bag?

·
Administrator
3,327 Posts
Has anyone ran across a half cooler half tool box trying to find one but cant. will probably just have to make my own
A friend has a nice sealed 2 compartment box in his 1K that half could be used as such...believe it has the Polaris name on it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts