Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some research and I realize that I will need to upgrade my tires now that we have a max, I'm not thinking that these doonz 2 ply tires are going to cut it anymore with the added weight... plus I have heard the 2 ply tires have very weak sidewalls overall. Thoughts, input and anyone with good Information to share would be great!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have an Max also, and I'm running 26x12x12 10 paddle scats rear and 26x9x12 ribbed Dune star front. There mounted on Hiper wheels 9in front 10in rear. I have my tire perssures at 8psi. They worked pretty good for me on my trip. It was my maiden ride in the Max, I had 4 people in it all weekend. 2 adult and 2 kids, went up Oldsmobile and topped at 34mph. My wheels and tires weigh each 25lbs rear and 24.5lbs front.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
A lot of guys like the overall performance of the Skat-Trak 26 x 12.5 x12, staggered 12 paddle gliders they do pretty well all the way around. Especially on the Max and the XP1k4 seaters with the extra weight.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Doing the research now!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I like my STU blasters but want to change the stagger cut. I have an 80/20 cut now and may change to a 60/40. I also think a 10" rear rim is better than an 8" for duning.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I'm not saying it is the best setup, it is what Dave at Fullerton recommended for the Oregon dunes. They clime everything at Winchester and Coos Bay with ease. I haven't had the Mav to florence yet.
26x12.5x12 10 paddle extremes on 12x10 Douglas red labels in the rear / 27x9x12 smooth buff on 12x8 Douglas red labels in the front.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Marty, I found out that my paddles aren't the issue. It's the degree of my helix and my spring in the secondary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Swerve.... Thank you for the direction....I love what I see, but a little out of my budget right now. I already have 12 inch douglas wheels so looking for just tires. Nice setup for someone for sure... Turn key dune setup!!!

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'm not saying it is the best setup, it is what Dave at Fullerton recommended for the Oregon dunes. They clime everything at Winchester and Coos Bay with ease. I haven't had the Mav to florence yet.
26x12.5x12 10 paddle extremes on 12x10 Douglas red labels in the rear / 27x9x12 smooth buff on 12x8 Douglas red labels in the front.

Just wondering why the paddles on the quad are on backwards?

Oops I see it now. They are just sitting there.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He just has them leaned up against quad for photo opportunity.. lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
He just has them leaned up against quad for photo opportunity.. lol

Yep, you can see the mounted ones on the other side. nice visual tho

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
A lot of guys like the overall performance of the Skat-Trak 26 x 12.5 x12, staggered 12 paddle gliders they do pretty well all the way around. Especially on the Max and the XP1k4 seaters with the extra weight.
This is exactly what I have on my Max, and they work really well! I'd recommend them as one of the best choices.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is exactly what I have on my Max, and they work really well! I'd recommend them as one of the best choices.
Thanks ScottD......I made and offer to Swerve, so I am going to sit tight until I hear back from him tomorrow. I appreciate everyones input!
Chad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts