Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed alot of bent tie rod threads ... How are you guys bending them? It seems that with the control arms, A-arms, axles all surrounding the tie rods that they would be protected somewhat? What kind of situations are causing the problems so I can try and avoid doing the same? Noticed the good advice about the billet spares or replace the stock arms with the billets and use the stocks for spares.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
happens in the dunes from them friendly witches eye's or cant see , lol - or bad landing on a jump or big jump tree stump in forest when going fast maybe , ! they have solid ones for 150 out, the stock ones are hollow tubes , its nice having a weak point some say , so the rack dont break , just make sure to carry spares, lol

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
the stock tie rods are a fusable link, you want them to bend and not damage the rack or spindle.

I beat my Maverick hard and have landed on one wheel while turned and smashed into a sand hill. I thought for sure while dunning last wekend i bent one after a few hard hits but mine are still straight.

I think it takes just the right hit to bend them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
the stock tie rods are a fusable link, you want them to bend and not damage the rack or spindle.

I beat my Maverick hard and have landed on one wheel while turned and smashed into a sand hill. I thought for sure while dunning last wekend i bent one after a few hard hits but mine are still straight.

I think it takes just the right hit to bend them.
I agree with that, I landed really hard on the left front tire from about 5ft up in the hard pack. I thought for sure it was going to be done, but there was no damage. I still need to learn how to jump this damn thing and land smooth!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I bent my right side tie rod just coming up on two wheels. Very slightly bent, but it's still bent. Should have my Turnkey rods in today. I don't ever ramp like the guys at the dunes so I'm not real worried about needing a fusable link. Hopefully.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I bent one like a horse shoe last weekend, but it was a pretty good hit from a 10 foot drop, off a razor back in the dunes. The main thing was nothing else was broke or bent. I was able to ride it out of the dunes, get it repaired and ride the rest of the weekend. If I'm going to break something I want it to be an easy/inexpensive fix.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Carolina Truggies or CT Racing just got in their first sets of tie rods.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts