Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fairly new 2013 Mav with low miles. I have never really used it hard yet but my rear wheels appear to be leaned in at the top. I can't see any adjustment so am I correct in assuming my spindles are bent? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I have a fairly new 2013 Mav with low miles. I have never really used it hard yet but my rear wheels appear to be leaned in at the top. I can't see any adjustment so am I correct in assuming my spindles are bent? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks!
That's how they look.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply warlock. The right side is leaning more than the left, that's what made me think there was a problem. I never noticed it before my last trip to Glamis but maybe I wasn't paying attention.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My rear tires seem to be slightly in at the top as well. (not a lot) I have not been abusive or hit anything. It must be that the factory sets these up with a bit of negative camber, is all I can figure.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
fine some hard line points and measure from frame to spindle points see where ur out of aline

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Are your rear shock springs bowed in or out as well or touching the shock body?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
20131206_151537-1.jpg

Mine leans in bad, but it's because my springs are sagging so bad. If I jack the rear up to the stock ride height it looks normal.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My springs don't seem to be sagged. Both sides measure 10 5/8 inches but the right side has way more neg. camber than the left. I took the weight off of the springs and neg camber remained the same. Buddies Mav has more neg camber on one side than the other too. I didn't notice this when brand new but after one trip to Glamis it showed up. No play or slack in wheel bearings or mounting points. ?????

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
since there is a drive axle involved here, if the spindle was bent the wheel would wobble when rotated.....if the wheel spins true than the hub is most likely the culprit

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
since there is a drive axle involved here, if the spindle was bent the wheel would wobble when rotated.....if the wheel spins true than the hub is most likely the culprit
You most certainly are correct about the driven axle, I completely spaced that out. I can't really comprehend how all this is put together so I'll have to try to track down a parts diagram or tear into it. Thanks to all for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heavy, Thanks for the link to the parts breakdown. Now I understand how it is put together. Still not sure where my problem is. The part they call the knuckle could have the bolt holes stretched. Bolt could be bent. Who knows? A arms don't appear bent. I guess I'll just run it and see if it gets worse. If it breaks or gets bad enough the problem should be easier to spot. For now I'll treat it like a sore dick and won't screw with it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Heavy, Thanks for the link to the parts breakdown. Now I understand how it is put together. Still not sure where my problem is. The part they call the knuckle could have the bolt holes stretched. Bolt could be bent. Who knows? A arms don't appear bent. I guess I'll just run it and see if it gets worse. If it breaks or gets bad enough the problem should be easier to spot. For now I'll treat it like a sore dick and won't screw with it.
Haha..now that's funny.

So if everything spins true and no noticeable wobble is sen, then it has to be one of a couple things...
- the mounting points for the arms is bent
- One of the arms is bent
- The frame is bent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts