Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,972 Posts
Search for a thread by Megadesertdiesel he found an overlay plate for the rear that he welded in to strengthen the rear bulkhead. Might help you with yours.

Tim

Reactions: HPnMORE4J

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search for a thread by Megadesertdiesel he found an overlay plate for the rear that he welded in to strengthen the rear bulkhead. Might help you with yours.

Tim

Tim
Thanks man. Everything I found online was ppl damaging their front bulkhead.

·
Premium Member
2018 Maverick X3RC Turbo R
164 Posts
Rear end aggressively kissed a rock the other weekend. Gonna drill the stock xrc skid plate off and check the damage. Anyone else damage their x3 rear?
Ouch, was this high speed or low speed riding? Whenever you pull it apart can you post more pictures of the damage? Thanks
FYI, Just saw the other day Alsup makes a replacement rear bulkhead if yours is irrepairable. Not sure who else does

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ouch, was this high speed or low speed riding? Whenever you pull it apart can you post more pictures of the damage? Thanks
FYI, Just saw the other day Alsup makes a replacement rear bulkhead if yours is irrepairable. Not sure who else does
of course. Going to Hatfield in two weeks so prob won’t do it till I get home from that. It was low speed. Was a rock garden that I prob shouldn’t of been in.

·
Premium Member
16,378 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. Pull the skid, make sure there are no cracks in any of the cases, especially the trans.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Welcome from Las Vegas. Invest in a good 1/2 skid plate and you won't have that problem again.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
got a factory utv skid plate in the cart!
I went with the Full Skids Half Inch UHMW with integrated Slider Nerfs (RED) by Trail Armor.
I am sure either will be fine. I have put mine through the test.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well got the back half skid plate off. Very thin metal under the rear diff. Was bent into the diff a little bit. Don’t see any damage to the casing. With a flat head I was able to bend it off the differential, it’s that than/weak. Debating on grinding it off and welding my own thicker metal underneath.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Well got the back half skid plate off. Very thin metal under the rear diff. Was bent into the diff a little bit. Don’t see any damage to the casing. With a flat head I was able to bend it off the differential, it’s that than/weak. Debating on grinding it off and welding my own thicker metal underneath.
Do you have any more pictures of that area not so close up?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
You want from the front looking back or back looking to the front?
I am just trying to see where the area is you were thinking of cutting off to make your own plate, and your welding points would be. I know how thin this steel is and how hard it it to weld up unless you have a very high quality welder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am just trying to see where the area is you were thinking of cutting off to make your own plate, and your welding points would be. I know how thin this steel is and how hard it it to weld up unless you have a very high quality welder.
gonna grind off at these locations and get that thin plate out. Then weld to the tube frame like the existing plate is.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
or I weld a couple tabs to the existing bent metal and try to pull it back into place and then either leave it and put the new skid plate on or also add something to strengthen it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts