Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bent Metal 2.0 windshield and wiper kit.
Contacted them and this was their response.
"Sorry for the delayed response, we’ve been short staffed the last couple weeks. The wiper motor we use has 110 degrees of sweep; we are always actively looking to find a motor that would work with this application that has a full 180 degrees of sweep. "

What direct replacement wiper motor will give more than a 110° sweep?

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
"Sorry for the delayed response, we’ve been short staffed the last couple weeks. The wiper motor we use has 110 degrees of sweep; we are always actively looking to find a motor that would work with this application that has a full 180 degrees of sweep. "

View attachment 266598
Thats perfect for just left hand turns.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I used this one. Mounted it above windshield. On driver side the wiper comes up on rubber on passenger side it barely touches rubber holding glass in. Works great!!

You don’t want 180 degree since wiper will need to come up above windshield on both sides with every stroke. Actually 150 degree would be best since wiper could stay on glass. My windshield is not bent metal so likely this 165 degree is perfect.

Finding a wiper arm was complex - I found one at advance auto but it was 10+ years in their shelf and most identification was off. Part number was 20910313 at Advance auto. I have no idea what it fits but I added 15” blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
109 Posts
I don't understand how they could sell that as a wiper kit.. I would be sending it back. And it doesn't look like it was that hard for you guys to find the proper motor so not sure why they couldn't. Strange..

I have the Can-Am windshield with the wiper kit. Wiper mounts on bottom and does full sweep. Maybe 160/170 degrees.

Mike

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I had the og bent metal windshield and wiper for about 2000 miles. Recently installed the canam lower wiper kit and it’s much better. Should of went with the canam wiper from the get go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The expense for it is crazy and the install is basically me tearing the whole font end apart again.
I just need a wiper that will full sweep to clear snow since the windshield will come off during the summer.

·
Administrator
3,784 Posts
The expense for it is crazy and the install is basically me tearing the whole font end apart again.
I just need a wiper that will full sweep to clear snow since the windshield will come off during the summer.
I've been confused by this thread why you are looking for something different when your title states totally acceptable...

·
Registered
82 Posts

View attachment 266598
What did you end up doing? Have any pictures of the wiper coverage?

·
Registered
82 Posts
It pissed me off everytime I have to use it. Its like being in a muscle car with an 871 blower and tunnel ram sticking out of the hood. You can't see shit out the drivers side.
If I go with the Bent Metal, I'll get the BRP lower wiper kit.

Reactions: Hunger4Torque

·
Registered
2021 xds turbo rr
25 Posts
Had the oem can-am glass windshield with bottom mounted windshield wiper. Rolled my x3 and smashed the windshield. Decided to get bent metal 2.0 for my next. Figured I could get my glass guy to measure the glass just in case I roll it again. Shipping to Canada isn't cheap though. With duty, fees and exchange rate it's a hair more expensive than the oem glass. But I heard bent metal 2.0 works fantastic with the oem can-am wiper so here we are.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts