Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering if a bent frame, bent rear wheels, damaged rear fenders, bent rear fender support, bent rollcage, and possible bent rear a arms and spindles would be totaled out by the insurance agency?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
yes, the insurance company would not fix it due to a 60% recovery vs value vs cost.

we know that canam parts and labor is terrible, so ins. has to pay it, not many other options for them. so if your talking a 13000 maverick with 6-7 grand in repairs, its totalled

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
What happen Glamis?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
WTH happened Steve?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just had a damaged Maverick with a dealer repair estimate of $7,700. Got the check to repair it in less than a week. They didn't total anything. And my repair estimate included replacing the frame which wasn't even bent. The only damage to the frame was the torn out gusset.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
your lucky, assume you have a 14 xrs?? or 13. state farm would have dropped it like it was hot at 7700
I just had a damaged Maverick with a dealer repair estimate of $7,700. Got the check to repair it in less than a week. They didn't total anything. And my repair estimate included replacing the frame which wasn't even bent. The only damage to the frame was the torn out gusset.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
well steve what the story , u wanted a rzr1000 huh ? LOL

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was some traffic ahead of me as I was doing 50mph, came over a rise, and didn't notice the natural 2' whoops, rear end kicked, front skid plate dug in on the face of the second whoop, and did 2-3 forward flips. One of the times it touched down, it landed on the rear wheels with the front pointing to the sky. The upper a arms kinked the frame in at the mounts. Only me in the car, and absolutely no injuries, not even a stiff neck!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
There was some traffic ahead of me as I was doing 50mph, came over a rise, and didn't notice the natural 2' whoops, rear end kicked, front skid plate dug in on the face of the second whoop, and did 2-3 forward flips. One of the times it touched down, it landed on the rear wheels with the front pointing to the sky. The upper a arms kinked the frame in at the mounts. Only me in the car, and absolutely no injuries, not even a stiff neck!
Its always a good day when you are here to tell your story! Heres to a well built machine and safety gear! Glad you are ok.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Wow - glad you are okay. That sounds like a hell of a ride.

Reactions: Megathumper

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wow - glad you are okay. That sounds like a hell of a ride.
Good your ok. I hit a witches eye broke front bumper, radiator, spindle,tie rod, r side plastic,bent top shock mount gusset, roll bar. They totaled it because of the bent gusset. 19400 ck came in a week.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Glad you're okay Steve! Jim was telling me about what happened last night. Sorry about the mav, but good to know you walked away without a scratch!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry about your ride but glad you're good to go. Good luck with the insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 102 Posts