Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used my 2016 XRS turbo to back my jetski into the lake and had a lot of belt slippage when I was driving it out. I wasn't in real deep but figured the belt got wet. Should this happen, or do I have another problem I should be looking at?
Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
Backing it in. The clutch cover isn't water tight. Even on the X3s. Water from just washing it gets in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody know how to get the secondary off? Every video I’ve watched there’s pops right off. Not mine..

·
Registered
349 Posts
I used my 2016 XRS turbo to back my jetski into the lake and had a lot of belt slippage when I was driving it out. I wasn't in real deep but figured the belt got wet. Should this happen, or do I have another problem I should be looking at?
Any help would be much appreciated.
look at the exhaust portion of your clutches from the back...you'll see a huge opening above the rear driveshaft/ behind the engine..... backing into water is going to fill it full of water.....snorkel it and you wont have that big opening

·
Registered
349 Posts
Anybody know how to get the secondary off? Every video I’ve watched there’s pops right off. Not mine.. View attachment 257313
you've taken the bolt out of the secondary clutch ? It pulls right off...grab it and yank hard....lightly tap the clutch with a rubber mallet may help
And clean your clutches ! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts