• Have you had warranty issues with can am belts

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Since I break belts about every 200-300 miles due to stress, ie; steep soft and wet sand and heavy paddle. (Oregon dunes)
Clutches all aligned and working as good as can be in stock form, no tune.

Would they continue to replace them if these break as often?
How long you getting out of this belt

Registered
How long you getting out of this belt
I haven't tried it, thought I'd ask beforehand as I question whether it will last much longer.
Hopefully a couple hundred more but I'm wondering how good their guarantee was for us who are "belt consumers".

Registered
Good luck with the new belt.
I am still yet to blow a belt and still running on my OG.. its been almost 2 years.
* knock on wood

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Good luck with the new belt.
I am still yet to blow a belt and still running on my OG.. its been almost 2 years.
* knock on wood
What speed do you run yours in low gear. Yesterday I had a comment that unless there in send or loading on a trailer they never use low gear. Do you run down any roads at higher speeds.

Registered
I have not heard that.

Your belt needs heat cycling without overheating, just like brakes. Temp cycle it to condition and temper it.

Your engine is the most expensive part of your vehicle. Be nice to it.

Your belt is your transmission. Don't abuse it.
Your engine IS the most expensive, so break it in aggressively to get pressure behind the rings to seat properly.
Sacrifice the belt or sacrifice the motor. $175 for a belt or $17500 for a motor. You decide.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
Your engine IS the most expensive, so break it in aggressively to get pressure behind the rings to seat properly.
Sacrifice the belt or sacrifice the motor. $175 for a belt or $17500 for a motor. You decide.
Thanks. I won鈥檛 baby it thanks

Registered
Thanks. I won鈥檛 baby it thanks
Break in the motor, you heard the expression, drive it like you stole it. Rings need pressure behind them to seat properly. Vary the RPMs, don't lug it, don't idle any more than necessary. Start it and go. Rings are normally seated within 100 miles. But, using synthetic oil delays that. You can add a zink additive to the oil to help. Then get a new belt to break in properly. Keep the old as a spare.

Registered
What speed do you run yours in low gear. Yesterday I had a comment that unless there in send or loading on a trailer they never use low gear. Do you run down any roads at higher speeds.
Two different machines..

The gearing in the X3 is much lower than an OG.
I very seldom run low in X3, where OG I would be in low.

Barbara

Sent from BLR logistics

Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
I haven't tried it, thought I'd ask beforehand as I question whether it will last much longer.
Hopefully a couple hundred more but I'm wondering how good their guarantee was for us who are "belt consumers".
It's a 3 year warranty and a one time replacement. So I guess in the end you still get 2 for the price of 1. Read the warranty info here:

Warranty Info

Premium Member
What kind of engine do you have that costs $17500...?

Registered
What kind of engine do you have that costs $17500...?
Should have been a period in there somewhere. Just to imply the motor is more expensive then the belt.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts